+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Predict our 1st round draft pick...

Last year we picked #10 and I tried having a list of 5 guys I was sure to be our pick. I was wrong. Apple wasn't even in my top ten. So this year at pick #23 I will try to list 10 possibilities for our pick. I encourage everyone to do the same. See if you can get our pick right. Some of these guys will be gone, some will fall. Hopefully one of them is our pick. IMO the first 5 are head and shoulders rated higher than the 2nd 5. If one of them is on the board I think they are our pick.

OJ Howard
    Dalvin Cook
    Christian McCaffrey
    Zach Cunningham
    Forrest Lamp

Jabrill Peppers
    David Njoku
    Garett Bolles
    Raekwon McMillan
    Takkarist McKinley
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Veteran
    It's a lot harder to predict at 23. I'll go with someone not listed amongst your 10. Cam Robinson.

I figure Mccaffrey, Howard, Red****, and Bolles will be gone. Then, the guys I predict will be atop our board are Cook, Robinson, Cunningham, and Njoku. I'd be fine with any of them, but I think JR will think above Eli's closing window and grab the mailer with the potential to be an elite OT.

He's not my favorite prospect, but I'm trusting my gut.

I don't usually pick players I pick positions. I like Taco Charlton. He has the size and the speed to rotate with JPP and Vernon and he can play DT if needed.

Tyus Bowser, Derek Barnett, Malik Mcdowell, Evan Engram, Jarad Davis all could surprise.

Ramcyzk is not on your board.

I would be happy with any of the first 5, but good bit less happy with cook, as i think you could do better draft overall getting a late round RB, that is similar in style. I may be the only person in the world who thinks so, but i think dalvin cook is overrated at 23, especially with injury and off field concerns. Mccaffrey OTOH i see as the best route runner in the draft and a legit top 20 prospect and i would be ecstatic with C mcaffrey.

If the pick is jabrill peppers, i'm officially quitting being a giants fan as they have obviously lost their way if that happens lol.

Mccaffrey
    OJ Howard
    Derek Barnett
    forest Lamp
    Zach cunningham or tyus bowser

if i had to rank them, i'd have a difficult time. They are all good. I really think we get ourselves a good player at 23, if those are the choices.
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.

hmmm i'm not 100% sold on my top 5 or top 10 yet. but i have a general idea. i'll go with:

Oj Howard
    Dalvin Cook
    Christian McAffrey
    Zach Cunningham
    Hassan Red****
    Cam Robinson
    Ryan Ramcyzk
    Forest Lamp
    David Njoku
    Derek Barnett

I think it will be Cunningham.. and I want it to Cunningham

Ill put the 5 I like more in the first batch:

Lamp
    Howard (not convinced hes a lock to go so high)
    Malik Mcdowell
    Cam Robinson
    Barnett

Red****
    Cunningham
    Davis
    Njoku
    Watt

I have no idea who will be available but I think it will be Cunningham or Davis. One of them should be available. Red**** may as well but I just think the fact that hes never played the position before means we pass. I think one of the top 3 OTs as well as Lamp are possible but I think the 2 LBs are better prospects/fits. Howard and Njoku would be awesome too but this draft is stacked with TEs in later rounds. Same goes for RBs. Would love mccaffery or cook or kamara but could get better value in later rounds

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Last year we picked #10 and I tried having a list of 5 guys I was sure to be our pick. I was wrong. Apple wasn't even in my top ten. So this year at pick #23 I will try to list 10 possibilities for our pick. I encourage everyone to do the same. See if you can get our pick right. Some of these guys will be gone, some will fall. Hopefully one of them is our pick. IMO the first 5 are head and shoulders rated higher than the 2nd 5. If one of them is on the board I think they are our pick.

OJ Howard
    Dalvin Cook
    Christian McCaffrey
    Zach Cunningham
    Forrest Lamp

Jabrill Peppers
    David Njoku
    Garett Bolles
    Raekwon McMillan
    Takkarist McKinley
    That's really weird you posted this. I've been creating a list over the last day or so, and will continue to add each round to create a "big board." I try not to project players "guaranteed" to be gone, but will include a couple hopes. Here's what I've got so far for rd. 1.

In order.....for now....
    Leonard Fournette - RB (Hope)
    Reuben Foster - OLB (Hope)
    OJ Howard - TE (Hope)
    Forrest Lamp - OG/OT
    Zach Cunningham - OLB
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    Ryan Ramczyk - OT
    Malik McDowell - DT
    Cam Robinson - OT
    Taco Charlton - DE
    Christian McCaffrey - RB
    Dalvin Cook - RB
    David Njoku - TE
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

OJ Howard
    David Njoku
    Christian McCaffrey
    Leonard Fournette
    Forrest Lamp
    Garett Bolles
    Ryan Ramczyk (Maybe, depends on if his hip checks out. I don't have this info.)
    Haason Red****
    Zach Cunningham
    Taco Charlton

I'd be surprised if the Giants selected a QB in the first round. That would wow me since I'm confident two QBs will be selected before the Giants pick. If two QBs are selected, two WRs, two RBs, and two TEs then someone has to be available at linebacker or offensive line because you know people are going to pick several CBs, DEs, and S.