+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    The minute Hank didn't resign I said this would happen. People on here typically said it's no problem we can replace him easily in the draft. While that may be true it would cost us another position. We were stuck with a tough choice. We need a starting DT, we don't need a starting LBer this year. I would have loved Cunningham but DT is the bigger need for this year. Goodson, Kennard, Robinson and Casillas are all better players than Bromley and Thomas. Tomlinson was the better "win this year" pick as much as I would have loved Cunningham.
    If we signed Hankins it would have blown all our cap space. Then we would have had to cut other players...probably starters to get enough cap space just to sign our draft picks.
    It's not that easy.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Didnt know that. But if medicals are important, why did they draft a 300lb DT with 2 ACL injuries?
    My guess is they OKd him because they happened so long ago. First was in 2011 in highschool and the second at the start of the 2013 season. He has shown a full recovery since then. I'll still be nervous when he is out there.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Didnt know that. But if medicals are important, why did they draft a 300lb DT with 2 ACL injuries?
    Tomlinson hasnt missed a game in 3 years.The ACL tears happened in HS and when he was a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If we signed Hankins it would have blown all our cap space. Then we would have had to cut other players...probably starters to get enough cap space just to sign our draft picks.
    It's not that easy.
    I know. We could not afford him at that price. I was hoping to get him for the deal we offered. I don't blame the Giants at all, I just knew what it meant when he didn't sign here.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I like Robinson, Kennard and Goodson. Then add Casillas and Thomas for depth. I have to disagree that it's all that bad. Then look at our D line and secondary. That's a hell of a defense right now if the stay healthy like they did last year.

It's the cap era, you can't be strong everywhere. If we didn't draft a DT there would have been a well deserved uproar here.

We had a huge hole at D tackle going into this draft.
    I guess I would have just drafted Cunningham in the 2nd (assuming not Foster in the 1st), and went DT where they picked Webb. I was high on Montravius Adams and he was picked like 10 picks after Webb in the 3rd by the Packers. I mean, most DTs who play next to Snacks and have Vernon and JPP on the outside will look pretty good.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

And one other thing to consider here. If JR is picking a DT over a LB, that is also driven by the coaching staff. If Spags is there crying for a LB I promise you we would be more apt to address that position. JR doesn't work in a vacuum. It's collaborative.

Obviously a lot of guy in the Giants hierarchy are on the same page with this tendency regarding LB's in the draft.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Tomlinson hasnt missed a game in 3 years.The ACL tears happened in HS and when he was a freshman.
    So he is due then? lol JK
    Spin that Webb young Davis