+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Oh wow...ya anything we can find to hate on our best player right?
    No criticism ever! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I remember the days of being young and dumb. During my senior year of high school I went to my 1st keg party and had my 1st taste of natty light. Thought I was a beast cause I downed 4 beers in 20 min. After a few more beers I was out cold 2 hrs later. To make matters worse I had to take my SATs the next morning......still drunk. Actually did quite well on them and scored better than when I was sober on the redo test. I did MANY childish things when I was his age and its hard to remove yourself from childish fun at that age. Is it stupid given his status and job? YES but it's part of life and growing up. He'll learn.
    So HS is the same as being in your early 20s? He didnt commit a crime but he hosed event planners and made a group of kids wait too long and then shorted them on the time he was supposed to spend.
    I kind of get what you are saying but he has EVERYTHING at his disposal to get where he has to go on time. Limos, agents, handlers, charter planes etc.
    Its OB just saying "**** it...I dont give a **** enough to do what I am supposed to do".
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    So HS is the same as being in your early 20s? He didnt commit a crime but he hosed event planners and made a group of kids wait too long and then shorted them on the time he was supposed to spend.
    I kind of get what you are saying but he has EVERYTHING at his disposal to get where he has to go on time. Limos, agents, handlers, charter planes etc.
    Its OB just saying "**** it...I dont give a **** enough to do what I am supposed to do".
    I don't think OBJ was just saying F it and more to do with him not being able to separate fun time from work time. He's at the age that he thinks he can achieve both and slowly learning he'll have to reduce some of his free time to better manage work time. If you've been around athletes at that age, you'd understand what i'm talking about. I'm not saying he's a malcontent but a young man who hasn't figured out how to balance work and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I don't think OBJ was just saying F it and more to do with him not being able to separate fun time from work time. He's at the age that he thinks he can achieve both and slowly learning he'll have to reduce some of his free time to better manage work time. If you've been around athletes at that age, you'd understand what i'm talking about. I'm not saying he's a malcontent but a young man who hasn't figured out how to balance work and play.
    I get that but in my opinion he said **** it. Thats just me. I am sure he has people all over him to keep his schedule.
    But like I said I am not trying to make it out to be some terrible thing but it just does not shed a good light on him
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    http://nypost.com/2017/04/18/odell-b...eds-to-mature/

But sadly for Giants fans who are hoping for a more mature and responsible Odell Beckham Jr. in 2017, he was up to some familiar immature acts on Monday, showing up more than an hour-and-a-half late to a community event for kids at MetLife Stadium, spending minimal time there before whisking himself into a shiny black SUV waiting like he was some sort of diva rock star trying to avoid his adoring masses.

That Beckham was late to the event, at which he was scheduled to conduct a football clinic for about 50 kids, isn’t so much the issue.

It’s the fact that — according to two sources with knowledge of the situation who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity — Beckham was late because he missed his red-eye flight Sunday out of California, where he was attending the Coachella Music Festival, forcing the sponsor of the event, Dunkin’ Donuts, to scramble to arrange another flight for him on Monday.

Beckham, who was paid to make the appearance, was scheduled to be there from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. to conduct an “exclusive football clinic” for the Van Cortlandt Park Titans and then partake in a “post-event celebration” with the kids and their parents.

READ MORE AT LINK ABOVE
    Catch balls, score TD's.

I don't want to know about this other crap.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

not gonna lie....kindaaa messed up to be late and miss a flight and everything. I love Odell, he's one of my favorite players and i usually defend him like crazy, but this is just dumb.

you have a job and priorities. This was a paying event, for kids no less. Just make the flight. It's a simple thing to do, just make the scheduled flight and get to where you need to be.

it's a small issue, but still something that could have easily been avoided if he wanted to. hopefully Odell is just trying to get the most out of his break before settling in and focusing 100% on Giants football

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Catch balls, score TD's.

I don't want to know about this other crap.
    Neither do I. It isn't unprecedented for an athlete to be late or flake out altogether. I honestly think that it is 50/50 that he remains a giant after he is franchised for one year. Too many whiney and obsessed fans and media in the new York area.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Neither do I. It isn't unprecedented for an athlete to be late or flake out altogether. I honestly think that it is 50/50 that he remains a giant after he is franchised for one year. Too many whiney and obsessed fans and media in the new York area.
    It's the same thing as LT, Tiki etc......
    I want to root for them on the field, have fond memories of their play as Giants and then let them live their lives without me seeing everything.
    Ultimately they are spoiled athletes and overgrown children....so they are prone to disappoint us. I'd just rather focus on what happens on the field and let the rest go.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

No such thing as a reformed diva.....they just get older and worse!
    You think Beckham reads these negative stories, and thinks to himself "I need to grow up" ?
    Not when even the most negative stories, never fail to mention how he's the Giants' best player!
    "I can get away with anything, because I'm the best they got and they need me " is his mindset and a monster Coughlin helped create.
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Oh wow...ya anything we can find to hate on our best player right?
    He makes it pretty easy.
    Spin that Webb young Davis