+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It's the same thing as LT, Tiki etc......
    I want to root for them on the field, have fond memories of their play as Giants and then let them live their lives without me seeing everything.
    Ultimately they are spoiled athletes and overgrown children....so they are prone to disappoint us. I'd just rather focus on what happens on the field and let the rest go.
    I agree with you. It was way simpler when we had no idea what these players were doing away from the gridiron. Fans begged for more access. Now that they have it, they whine about everything that these athletes do or don't do. Even though I like OBJ, he is just your typical dbag athlete. Nothing more or less.

What a bum! Missing a flight? Really? Just have airport security drag someone off the plane or at least have the plane turn around and pick him up!

Don't care about this story at all. Sucks for those kids but celebrities do this sort of thing ALL THE TIME. Not to mention all these "fans" that are so upset over this have probably been late to work or to an appointment before. The only difference is there not famous so no one except your boss cares that your alarm didn't go off.
    Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    He makes it pretty easy.
    Well if you don't like him to begin with, it is just added fuel to that person's fire.

Quote Originally Posted by OCGIANT View Post
    Judging from the pictures the kids seemed to be all smiles with OBJ which is what really mattered... Had he "no show" then that would be a different story.
    That is horse crap my friend. They are kids meeting a celebrity. They would smile if he spit on them. He is a professional athlete that needs to get his **** together.

People keep defending this guy and he is never going to mature. Society does nothing but talk about the "entitlement" of millennials. Yet here we are coddling our diva WR because he is "our guy".

If he wants to act like a joke, don't get made when people call him a clown. He needs to get his **** together and anyone that doesn't see this at this point needs to open their eyes and take off the fan glasses. If a player on another team kept doing this stuff we would be reeling him out. But since it's OBJ everyone's makes up an excuse.

Discipline is a key factor in this sport. It just is and always has been. If he doesn't have a problem with the money and fame he receives then he should meet his priorities and make the damn flight to an event for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by andthewinneris View Post
    What a bum! Missing a flight? Really? Just have airport security drag someone off the plane or at least have the plane turn around and pick him up!

Don't care about this story at all. Sucks for those kids but celebrities do this sort of thing ALL THE TIME. Not to mention all these "fans" that are so upset over this have probably been late to work or to an appointment before. The only difference is there not famous so no one except your boss cares that your alarm didn't go off.
    Are you seriously comparing some normal dude being 20 minutes late to his job as an accountant to a celebrity getting paid a hefty check to do an event for fkn kids? Seriously? It's called perspective and this little boy hasn't proved after 3 years that he is capable of making mature well thought out decisions.

If he can't handle the lime light then stop collecting his check and he should go find a normal job and see what it's like to actually be accountable for your responsibilities.

Your not getting sympathy out of me for a diva, immature player that makes millions in a single year. And i actually really like OBJ. But at somepoint he needs to grow the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I get that but in my opinion he said **** it. Thats just me. I am sure he has people all over him to keep his schedule.
    But like I said I am not trying to make it out to be some terrible thing but it just does not shed a good light on him
    It most certainly doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Are you seriously comparing some normal dude being 20 minutes late to his job as an accountant to a celebrity getting paid a hefty check to do an event for fkn kids? Seriously? It's called perspective and this little boy hasn't proved after 3 years that he is capable of making mature well thought out decisions.

If he can't handle the lime light then stop collecting his check and he should go find a normal job and see what it's like to actually be accountable for your responsibilities.

Your not getting sympathy out of me for a diva, immature player that makes millions in a single year. And i actually really like OBJ. But at somepoint he needs to grow the hell up.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Neither do I. It isn't unprecedented for an athlete to be late or flake out altogether. I honestly think that it is 50/50 that he remains a giant after he is franchised for one year. Too many whiney and obsessed fans and media in the new York area.
    Yeah, those kids have some nerve expecting him to show and honor his commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Yeah, those kids have some nerve expecting him to show and honor his commitments.
    Lol, I do feel bad for those kids, but athletes do this **** all of the time. I'm not surprised.

Mehh, its just who he is. After 3 years its clear he wont change. He's an immature kid, great football player. Time to accept reality. He might get better in certain areas but he'll always be a diva.