+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthavephil View Post
    What i don't understand about a possible Cam Robinson pick. Raanan said he better suited for RT. Then why draft him ?
    There are mixed opinions on Cam. Some think he is a RT only type, some believe he is a franchise LT. In today's NFL, both OTs are equally important, so if he is RT only, so what.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    People here tend to fall in love with a player and freak out if anyone suggest they might not take him. Njoku is that guy this year. I've been thinking it could be Davis because he fits the two requirements for the Giants pick. #1 Not many stories linking him to the Giants and #2 I don't have him on my list of possibles lol. Charles Harris is the other one like that too. I think OJ Howard falls farther than expected, maybe not all the way to 23 though.
    agreed people fall in love with a player and try to defend to the death that the Giants will draft this players, without any idea of what the Giants draft plans actually are lol

im in the boat that i am happy with a good amount of players. There's good players to be had in round 1, they do a much better research job than I so i usually trust in the teams decisions. Giants have also hit on 5 of 6 of the last 3 years 1st and 2nd round picks as Jordan said, which is awesome to see.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    There are mixed opinions on Cam. Some think he is a RT only type, some believe he is a franchise LT. In today's NFL, both OTs are equally important, so if he is RT only, so what.
    Yeah the NFL is strange.

RT's get paid way less than LT's yet face pass rushers who are just as good if not better. Riddle me that.

He can play LT. Just needs corrective work on his stance. His feet/hands/punch are great. his stance is inconsistent... when his stance is correct he is excellent in both pass pro and run blocking.... consistency is key

His issues are a heck of a lot easier to fix than Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthavephil View Post
    What i don't understand about a possible Cam Robinson pick. Raanan said he better suited for RT. Then why draft him ?
    Because we don't have a RT. I have high hopes for Fluker there but it's certainly a weak spot.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    agreed people fall in love with a player and try to defend to the death that the Giants will draft this players, without any idea of what the Giants draft plans actually are lol

im in the boat that i am happy with a good amount of players. There's good players to be had in round 1, they do a much better research job than I so i usually trust in the teams decisions. Giants have also hit on 5 of 6 of the last 3 years 1st and 2nd round picks as Jordan said, which is awesome to see.
    I'm in that boat too. I trust the team will grab someone good. If Flowers is our worst 1st/2nd round pick in 3 years we are doing better than most of the NFL.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

So, scratch off all the LBs on that list. I could see Bolles high on their list. OJ Howard if he is there as well. Those are the 2 I see the Giants high on.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    So, scratch off all the LBs on that list. I could see Bolles high on their list. OJ Howard if he is there as well. Those are the 2 I see the Giants high on.
    Why are you scratching the LBs off? With most of our LB corps becoming FAs next year, there is a need. I think Davis if there is the pick.

If they are both as important than why would you be OK with him on the right side but not ok with him on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    If they are both as important than why would you be OK with him on the right side but not ok with him on the left?
    I am fine with him on either side. I did not originally like him but after watching more tape, I am totally fine with him.

I am fine with him on either side. I did not originally like him but after watching more tape, I am totally fine with him.
    Oh ok we're on the same page than.

I don't really like an this exclusively left side vs right side. I get the blindside I really do... But pass rushers these days like to line up all over the place to find their best mismatch.

That's why I don't really care what side they play. There is no where to hide in the NFL these days. If you are a tackle that can't pass block you will be exposed in either side

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Oh ok we're on the same page than.

I don't really like an this exclusively left side vs right side. I get the blindside I really do... But pass rushers these days like to line up all over the place to find their best mismatch.

That's why I don't really care what side they play. There is no where to hide in the NFL these days. If you are a tackle that can't pass block you will be exposed in either side
    agreed. Pass rushers move around all the time and can rush from the left or right side. Sure they may play one side more than the other, but if there is a weakness the DC will try and expose it. Doesnt matter where the persons lined up.