+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Because we don't have a RT. I have high hopes for Fluker there but it's certainly a weak spot.

I'm in that boat too. I trust the team will grab someone good. If Flowers is our worst 1st/2nd round pick in 3 years we are doing better than most of the NFL.
    agreed about Fluker. I've seen a ton of vids he's posted on social media oh him working as a RT, but who knows if he is even good enough to win that spot. Plus, he's only on a 1 year contract. We still need a long term solution. It's better to have too many options than too little.

im still holding out hope on Flowers. Obv he hasnt given much film to be excited about. But he is still extremely young. He's 2 years younger than Bolles and he has 2 years experience in the NFL already. There's still room to get better.

i wouldnt exactly say im expecting him to get better, but i am holding out hope that he can actually get better lol

Veteran
    So, long the majority of QB are right handed,. The Blind Side ( left side ) will be dominant.

Veteran
    Also, do not forget about Hart. He will be a year physically and mentally older. I believe he's younger then Flowers.

Take Cam Robinson off that list and I'd be ok with any of those guys at 23 (even though I am not a fan of Cunningham I could tolerate it.)

Quote Originally Posted by fifthavephil View Post
    Also, do not forget about Hart. He will be a year physically and mentally older. I believe he's younger then Flowers.
    Hart is not a starting caliber tackle. He makes Newhouse look like John Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Hart is not a starting caliber tackle. He makes Newhouse look like John Hannah
    I think Hart can maybe grow into one. But right now, you are correct. He is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthavephil View Post
    They're actually the same age (well Flowers is 4 months older lol, but both born in 94). But i agree that Hart may improve. People are very quick to write off Flowers, but it is quite possible he gets better too. They'll both only be 23 when the season starts. In comparison rookies Ryan Ramczyk and Bolles will be 23 & 25, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    They're actually the same age (well Flowers is 4 months older lol, but both born in 94). But i agree that Hart may improve. People are very quick to write off Flowers, but it is quite possible he gets better too. They'll both only be 23 when the season starts. In comparison rookies Ryan Ramczyk and Bolles will be 23 & 25, respectively.
    I never liked the Flowers pick but I agree with you. He is our LT so we have to hope for an improvement. He was actually good for the first 4-5 games last season. He went downhill when Pugh got hurt and didnt recover. Hopefully Pugh stays healthy and provides the mental support to Flowers that he seems to need. Ellison will help too.

Hart just needs to get stronger. He doesn't get beat much, but he can get abused with power/bull rushes.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Why are you scratching the LBs off? With most of our LB corps becoming FAs next year, there is a need. I think Davis if there is the pick.
    Jerry Reese... LB later in the draft, not the 1st. Ive been wanting a LB for years and years now in the 1st. I have just come to realize he doesnt value LBs. Then again, he doesnt really value TEs either.
    Spin that Webb young Davis