+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's it going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i could see McDowell falling because from what i watched you can tell he took some plays off. I only watched the ND and Wisconsin games from this year so it's not a full spectrum of his play, but he looked like he didnt care much in those games, esp Wisconsin when they went down big. He has a ton of skill when he gets after it and is a good pass rusher, but it's all when he wants to be. Not consistent. And that's not really something i'd want in a 1st rounder. id take a gamble in the 2nd though.
    McDowell is a top 10 talent in this draft, but yes the lazy play is a worry. With that said, if we took him at 23, I would be fine. He can be an All Pro type and I think a Pro Coaching Staff will be able to get him more motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    slip on down to 23 please
    Highly possible. Guys like Red****, Cunningham, and Davis have been picking up a lot of steam lately.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    McDowell is a top 10 talent in this draft, but yes the lazy play is a worry. With that said, if we took him at 23, I would be fine. He can be an All Pro type and I think a Pro Coaching Staff will be able to get him more motivated.
    DTs get winded because they are big fat guys. it aint rocket science lol. Get the fat boy in shape, he'll be just fine. OTOH NFL offenses like to speed things up and go into 2 minute drills.... if the fat lardass cant get in game shape it could be an issue, but I would think when you do it for a living, you kinda have to get into better shape. I'm thinking he could be the jewel of the draft at 23. hmmmmmmmmmm......... to fat or not to fat that is the question!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    DTs get winded because they are big fat guys. it aint rocket science lol. Get the fat boy in shape, he'll be just fine. OTOH NFL offenses like to speed things up and go into 2 minute drills.... if the fat lardass cant get in game shape it could be an issue, but I would think when you do it for a living, you kinda have to get into better shape. I'm thinking he could be the jewel of the draft at 23. hmmmmmmmmmm......... to fat or not to fat that is the question!
    except he's not fat
    1. Forrest Lamp
    2. Raekwon McMillan
    3. Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    except he's not fat
    ha ha! there goes that theory LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    Yeah, he is not fat at all. He was just not motivated a lot this season because MSU was losing. His interviews with teams will be key.

Definitely Malik Mcdowell. No way does he get drafted in the first round. All you have to do is listen to an interview of his on youtube. I hate to knock the kid but he has mental issues. There's something not right with him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSDvLk9Tn3Q
    I've heard his combine interviews were really bad. Some sources saying he was the worst interview at the combine.

Dalvin Cook I think slides back towards the end of the 1st round or beyond. He's not a 3 down back. How are you going to use him to make his 1st round value worth it? Ezekiel Elliott was worth a top 5 pick because he's a 3 down back who gets the majority of the snaps in a game.
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-19-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Well ya still need to do your windsprints to get in football shape even if you aint fat per se. no? Or maybe we can add 20 lbs to his a** and get him to play both ways replacing flowers at LT

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    Definitely Malik Mcdowell. No way does he get drafted in the first round. All you have to do is listen to an interview of his on youtube. I hate to knock the kid but he has mental issues. There's something not right with him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSDvLk9Tn3Q
    I've heard his combine interviews were really bad. Some sources saying he was the worst interview at the combine.

Dalvin Cook I think slides back towards the end of the 1st round or beyond. He's not a 3 down back. How are you going to use him to make his 1st round value worth it? Ezekiel Elliott was worth a top 5 pick because he's a 3 down back who gets the majority of the snaps in a game.
    McDowell has the speed, size, and athleticism to play all over the line. His arms remind me of JPP. I hope we don't take him cuz of the character concerns, but he will be an elite edge rusher I think and can see him going towards the bottom of the 1st.

I'm not so positive Cook can't be a 3 down back. His blocking needs some work, but it's not terrible and has great hands for conversions. At least he thinks he's a 3 down back lol
    https://www.google.com/amp/gottlieb....down-back/amp/
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-20-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread