+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

This is the wrong draft for Giants to save their offensive line

http://nypost.com/2017/04/19/this-is...ffensive-line/

Excerpt: "It is going to be exceedingly difficult for the Giants to find a great deal of help for their offensive line in the upcoming NFL draft.

There is a general consensus that the three top offensive line prospects are Cam Robinson of Alabama, Ryan Ramczyk of Wisconsin and Garett Bolles of Utah. All three could go in the first round. The problem is, the Giants are not enamored with any of the three.

Sure, there are aspects of all three that are intriguing, but when assessing the entire package, the Giants look at the players, look at their pick – No. 23 overall – and it is difficult to find a match of need and value.

Last year, seven offensive linemen were taken in the first round. This year, two or three might be it. No wonder ESPN analyst Jon Gruden said Wednesday it is “a lean year’’ for offensive linemen." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

BPA at No. 23 even if it's a defensive player. No team keeps landing their wish list players in every draft.

thats a pretty strong opinion from Paul Scwartz. He seems fairly confident the Giants wont take OL in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    thats a pretty strong opinion from Paul Scwartz. He seems fairly confident the Giants wont take OL in the first.
    I'm pretty confident too.

I don't see any of the top end talent making a significant upgrade. If Eli gets sacked 28 times instead of 30 times is that really going to make or break the season.

Reese preaches bpa I don't see that in first round offensive line men this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    the value simply isn't there. you can't pass on a cook, njoku, mccaffrey, cunningham for a reach at OL.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I'm pretty confident too.

I don't see any of the top end talent making a significant upgrade. If Eli gets sacked 28 times instead of 30 times is that really going to make or break the season.

Reese preaches bpa I don't see that in first round offensive line men this year.
    especially when he was the 3rd least sacked QB last season.

i think theres more value at getting an OL in the 2nd or 3rd(Antonio Garcia) and getting a playmaker(McCaffrey) or defense(Cunningham) in the 1st.

only OL id go with in the 1st is Lamp because of versatility and he looks like he'll be a better player then Bolles, Robinson, or Ramczyk

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    especially when he was the 3rd least sacked QB last season.
    You do know why that is true right? Because he threw the ball the 2nd fastest in the NFL post snap. He needed to throw fast to avoid getting hit and sacked. He needs better OLmen. Plus the fact none of them are good at run blocking.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Veteran
    I believe it was the Minnesota game early in the season. Manning was releasing the ball ASAP. It's something we should not forget. OL needs help.

I can't believe after last year this is a discussion. I think Cam or Bolles would be an immediate upgrade to our line, which has been our achilles the last few seasons. While I agree it's a weak OT class, that shouldn't mean we hold off another frustrating year. There are some diamonds in the rough. I like Dawkins in the 2nd too and with those arms and his great attitude he'd had no prob playing OT. I'm hoping Fluker and Flowers can get things right, but with so many of our draft picks not working out anyway, I think we absolutely should roll the dice w Oline.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson