+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    the value simply isn't there. you can't pass on a cook, njoku, mccaffrey, cunningham for a reach at OL.
    Ramczyk, Bolles and Robinson are higher ranked players than Cunningham. McCaffrey definitely won't be there at 23, and Cook probably won't be there. So it could boil down between one of the OL candidates and Njoku in a very deep TE draft ....

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I'm pretty confident too.

I don't see any of the top end talent making a significant upgrade. If Eli gets sacked 28 times instead of 30 times is that really going to make or break the season.

Reese preaches bpa I don't see that in first round offensive line men this year.
    Tough to say that when you have no idea who will be available at 23 ....

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Tough to say that when you have no idea who will be available at 23 ....
    And we never know what Jr's BPA might be compared to what we think or analysts think. His big board prob looks way different than what many of us would draw up.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    And we never know what Jr's BPA might be compared to what we think or analysts think. His big board prob looks way different than what many of us would draw up.
    When Giant fans say I'll be pissed if The Giant's don't take this guy or position because of the need. Be prepared to get angry. Everyone has their own BPA and they are different. The draft team on every franchise has their BPA also. That player may not coincide with a fan's idea on who should be picked.

Who helps the offense score more points? Oline or Weapon/skill player? or does a LB or DL make our defense so dominant, that it is a better direction? BPA in terms of improving the team the most in terms of actual points for or points against. If the Giants aren't sold that Oline is the best value, well there is your answer, no?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I'm pretty confident too.

I don't see any of the top end talent making a significant upgrade. If Eli gets sacked 28 times instead of 30 times is that really going to make or break the season.

Reese preaches bpa I don't see that in first round offensive line men this year.
    i mean people on the boards didnt think Pugh, Odell, Flowers, or Apple were BPA at the time they were drafted. Outside of Flowers the other 3 have worked out pretty well so far.

as said below we dk how the Giants rank them. Paul Schwartz doesnt know how the Giants rank the players either. I'm not sure how anyone can be so confident in the Giants not going OL when if you watched the team last year it was clearly their biggest problem.

I'm not saying the Giants will or must go OL. But i think it's very possible the Giants take OL in the 1st. Cam Robinson, if there, i think very well may be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    the value simply isn't there. you can't pass on a cook, njoku, mccaffrey, cunningham for a reach at OL.
    Value is a loose measurement. Value is determined two different times. The perceived value and the actual value. The perceived value is directly after the draft where everyone gives their opinions on players without them playing a game and is based on projections. The actual value is about 3-4 years down the road when you see what the player has given you. For example people said Odell wasnt the best value pick pick at the time. Now 3 years later people say it was a steal grabbing him at 12.

If the Giants feel one of the OL is going to be a good NFL player and can help this team, maybe they take the OL instead of someone like Dalvin Cook because they feel they can grab a RB later and they like more RBs than OL in the draft. It's not what i would do exactly, but it's not incomprehensible of how or why the Giants would go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://nypost.com/2017/04/19/this-is...ffensive-line/

Excerpt: "It is going to be exceedingly difficult for the Giants to find a great deal of help for their offensive line in the upcoming NFL draft.

There is a general consensus that the three top offensive line prospects are Cam Robinson of Alabama, Ryan Ramczyk of Wisconsin and Garett Bolles of Utah. All three could go in the first round. The problem is, the Giants are not enamored with any of the three.

Sure, there are aspects of all three that are intriguing, but when assessing the entire package, the Giants look at the players, look at their pick – No. 23 overall – and it is difficult to find a match of need and value.

Last year, seven offensive linemen were taken in the first round. This year, two or three might be it. No wonder ESPN analyst Jon Gruden said Wednesday it is “a lean year’’ for offensive linemen." Read more...
    Imagine how the Browns feel...It's the wrong draft to find a QB.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Imagine how the Browns feel...It's the wrong draft to find a QB.
    The same way they feel every year?