+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The same way they feel every year?
    Well I hope their luck changes. I'm a native of Cleveland and there is a place in my heart for them.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm a native of Cleveland and there is a place in my heart for them.
    There's a place in my toilet for the Browns. Sorry, I had to.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i mean people on the boards didnt think Pugh, Odell, Flowers, or Apple were BPA at the time they were drafted. Outside of Flowers the other 3 have worked out pretty well so far.

as said below we dk how the Giants rank them. Paul Schwartz doesnt know how the Giants rank the players either. I'm not sure how anyone can be so confident in the Giants not going OL when if you watched the team last year it was clearly their biggest problem.

I'm not saying the Giants will or must go OL. But i think it's very possible the Giants take OL in the 1st. Cam Robinson, if there, i think very well may be the pick.
    was it there biggest problem though? some would say not having a TE that can split the seam. Others would say not having a true #2 WR big body guy. Others would say not having enough blocking help from he TE and Rb positions. Still others would say it was the play calling. Macadoo has stated publicly that eli deserves blame. Your not wrong. I agree that OL was an issue. However, The giants are possibly content that the addition of fluker and improvement from the young players flowers and hart will get our Oline where it needs to be. Also the question arises whether we can get a guy on the OL that comes in and starts right away at Tackle. So it really isn't that simple perhaps. All that being said, if the Giants take an OL guy they think is the BPA and best overall value to the team, we all will be very happy.
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-20-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    There's a place in my toilet for the Browns. Sorry, I had to.
    Not really.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Sack numbers don't matter to me when I see Eli constantly having to throw the ball away or try and force a play because he gets no time.

Also, all picks in the draft are a gamble. So I'm not buying that we shouldn't address our most desperate position because they may not pan out.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-20-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    was it there biggest problem though? some would say not having a TE that can split the seam. Others would say not having a true #2 WR big body guy. Others would say not having enough blocking help from he TE and Rb positions. Still others would say it was the play calling. Macadoo has stated publicly that eli deserves blame. Your not wrong. I agree that OL was an issue. However, The giants are possibly content that the addition of fluker and improvement from the young players flowers and hart will get our Oline where it needs to be. Also the question arises whether we can get a guy on the OL that comes in and starts right away at Tackle. So it really isn't that simple perhaps. All that being said, if the Giants take an OL guy they think is the BPA and best overall value to the team, we all will be very happy.
    the Giants have had TEs who werent much better than Will Tye for the last 10 years since Shockey left, sans Martellus Bennett in 2012.

Reese has never valued TEs high and has always valued WRs more than TEs.

OL was DEF a bigger issue than TE.

i agree that the Giants could possibly be content with what they have currently. It's very possible that they dont like the OL talent and just go into the season with what they have in place now. It's also very possible they're not content and take OL in the first.

Jerry set the team up so they have options available entering the draft. They can live not taking OL in the 1st, they can live without taking TE, they can live without taking LB, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not really.
    They've just had such little draft luck and have been terrible for so long. I feel bad for Browns fans. Hopefully they can start drafting some keepers this year, they got plenty of good spots to pick (two 1st rounds, two 2nd rounds, and a total of 11 picks). Gotta go Garrett at #1, hope they aren't stupid enough to try anything different.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Veteran
    I'm going to speak in more general terms, since we don't really know what the team is thinking, or what the breakdown of their board is like. When a position in the draft is weak and the demand is high, it's possible for weaker talent at those positions to get pushed up the draft to fill needs. When a position in the draft is strong, there's a tendency for stronger talents to fall as teams fill those needs. This is why it's often better to ride the highs of a draft and ignore the lows. It would be beneficial to draft a TE in this draft for instance, because the quantity and quality of talent at that position makes it very likely that players will fall further than they normally would if the draft were weaker. It would not be beneficial to draft an offensive tackle because this is probably the worst OL draft in 10-15 years depending on who you ask, and needy teams may take those players earlier than they should go because of positional need and positional importance. If there is a guy they like at 23 and they aren't passing up better falling talents to acquire him, then I'm all for it. If it's just about not liking what they have on the roster currently, then that should have been dealt with in free agency, not the draft.
    Last edited by Onyxmeth; 04-20-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I can't believe after last year this is a discussion. I think Cam or Bolles would be an immediate upgrade to our line, which has been our achilles the last few seasons. While I agree it's a weak OT class, that shouldn't mean we hold off another frustrating year. There are some diamonds in the rough. I like Dawkins in the 2nd too and with those arms and his great attitude he'd had no prob playing OT. I'm hoping Fluker and Flowers can get things right, but with so many of our draft picks not working out anyway, I think we absolutely should roll the dice w Oline.
    Exactly.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i mean people on the boards didnt think Pugh, Odell, Flowers, or Apple were BPA at the time they were drafted. Outside of Flowers the other 3 have worked out pretty well so far.

as said below we dk how the Giants rank them. Paul Schwartz doesnt know how the Giants rank the players either. I'm not sure how anyone can be so confident in the Giants not going OL when if you watched the team last year it was clearly their biggest problem.

I'm not saying the Giants will or must go OL. But i think it's very possible the Giants take OL in the 1st. Cam Robinson, if there, i think very well may be the pick.
    +1
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB