+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    You're clearly wrong.

The Giants O-Line ranks higher among 32 teams than their TE corps ranks among 32 teams.

The Giants OL is around 20th out of 32

The Giants TEs are 32nd out of 32

TE position is weaker.
    20th out of 32. and if you read the review of those ranking it states we have the 2 worst tackles in the game, but a solid interior. No one can argue with a straight face that TE is more important than a LT. I'm not arguing that our TE position isnt' weak, I'm arguing the value of the position.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Will Dj fluker be better in our blocking scheme as opposed to san diegos?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    Will Dj fluker be better in our blocking scheme as opposed to san diegos?
    He was pretty solid at blocking the run.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-20-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    He was pretty solid at blocking the run.
    Is it a different blocking scheme though? Will it suit him better somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Okay. how about this then:

Austin Hooper TE/Falcons: 19 receptions for 271 yards.
    Levine Toilolo TE/Falcons: 13 receptions for 264 yards.

Will Tye TE/Giants: 48 receptions for 395 yards
    That's 14 yards per TE reception and 20 yards per TE reception on the Falcons vs. 8 yards per TE reception for Will Tye.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    Is it a different blocking scheme though? Will it suit him better somehow?
    I honestly don't know what their plan is for him but I can make assumptions. He's played OT then the Chargers switched him to G. He's listed at G on our roster but we resigned Jerry so I'm guessing Fluker will be our RT, but then what's the plan w Bobby Hart? I guess they'll be competing to start
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    That's 14 yards per TE reception and 20 yards per TE reception on the Falcons vs. 8 yards per TE reception for Will Tye.
    facepalm. On 13/19 receptions all year. When someone is totally a non-factor offensively, defenses will give them a little cushion. By your logic, if a TE catches one pass all year for 40 yards, he's possibly the best TE in the league.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I honestly don't know what their plan is for him but I can make assumptions. He's played OT then the Chargers switched him to G. He's listed at G on our roster but we resigned Jerry so I'm guessing Fluker will be our RT, but then what's the plan w Bobby Hart? I guess they'll be competing to start
    Looks like they are both zone blocking schemes.. i'm not sure. I was just curious if the blocking was any different scheme wise. That's all.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015...-philip-rivers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    facepalm. On 13/19 receptions all year. When someone is totally a non-factor offensively, defenses will give them a little cushion. By your logic, if a TE catches one pass all year for 40 yards, he's possibly the best TE in the league.
    Okay, combining the numbers of all the tight ends from each team. That's 37 receptions for 577 yards at 15.5 yards per TE reception from the 2016 Falcons offense vs. 76 receptions for 609 yards at 8 yards per TE reception for the 2016 Giants offense. That's approximately twice the receptions for similar yardage from the Giants offense. Notice I'm not comparing just TE players themselves anymore.

Veteran
    I don't see the giants going online before the 4th..and I'm ok with that. as long as they get an edge rusher a 3 tech and a te/rb.

this o line class sucks, don't think there are any Lt that would start over flowers.