+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post

I didn't watch the video, but my favorite highlight was the run against Buffalo in the snow. I was sitting in a bar in Breckenridge, Co. surrounded by a bunch of non Giant fans, and he did work. That whole SB run was phenomenal, but it started with that play. He was damn good.
    That's the first one that I think of as well when thinking of AB.

That guy had so much heart -- one of my favorite Giants of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    great memories

Bradshaw & Jacobs = heart & soul
    Great tandem. Lots of fun watching them play.

Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson and Mark Bavaro would have liked playing with Bradshaw. He would have been a Parcells guy.

I can't think of a compliment higher than that.

AB was awesome. It kills me when posters on this board- and it happens quite often- when posters say Barber was the last decent RB we had. I remember so many years when AB had to make 3 defenders miss just get back to the line of scrimmage. One the most powerful backs that was known for his agility and shakes.

A true warrior. He had offseason surgery on his feet every season of his career. I hope he was smart with his money because he paid the price.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

I miss 44 !!!

Veteran
    Tiki was the last great RB the Giants had. AB & Jacobs were beasts, but let's not act like they were as good as Tiki was. IMO, Tiki put up HOF #s during his 10yr NFL career. Had he played at least 2 more seasons & racked up another 2200+yds & 15-20 more TDs, he woulda been a shoo in.

Bradshaw was a man beast.. Big fan

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon1 View Post
    Tiki was the last great RB the Giants had. AB & Jacobs were beasts, but let's not act like they were as good as Tiki was. IMO, Tiki put up HOF #s during his 10yr NFL career. Had he played at least 2 more seasons & racked up another 2200+yds & 15-20 more TDs, he woulda been a shoo in.
    Well, Bradshaw had to split carries with Jacobs and Ward. Tiki had a lot of years where he was the guy. I think Bradshaw was the fastest and strongest pure runner that I've seen. Tiki was better because he could do everything very well, but Bradshaw was great at just outrunning people and running them over. I remember the Buffalo game in 2007 where he emerged behind Jacobs plodding and just exploded.

miss that kind of heart, not since Bavaro ! maybe one day we will get someone like that!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Makin Plays View Post
    I was at that game in Buffalo, my first Giants game. The weather was so bad most of the Bills fans were taking cover inside where the concession stands are. I'm proud to say I braved it from the stands. That run was what turned the season around in a lot of peoples minds, and was what gave me the idea that we had a chance. Incredible play, I still remember losing my voice I was yelling so hard.
    I was there as well. The Giants were flat and behind the Bills 14-0 and then the Bills roughed Feagles and it seemed to ignite them with a new possession. It was still 60 degrees at that point but then the front came in and then rain followed by snow. 30 degree temp swing, and although both teams were alive for a playoff spot the Giants wanted it more. That Bradshaw run is forever etched in my mind.