+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 150

Thread: Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Who cares who gets beat what way more? Bull rush swim move dip and rip, these are all pass rush moves that offensive linemen need to defend. ESPECIALLY left tackles.

    Who cares what move is being used to get beat? Why would an end try to bull rush when they know a speed rush will work?

    Flowers gets beat way more often then Diehl did.. And that should be the only relevant fact when comparing the pass blocking ability between flowers and David Diehl.

    Because a QB can step up in the pocket if an OT gets speed-rushed on the edge

    If the OT gets bull-rushed inside, the QB has no pocket

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    Because a QB can step up in the pocket if an OT gets speed-rushed on the edge

    If the OT gets bull-rushed inside, the QB has no pocket
    You say that as if flowers is immune to a counter move inside.

    You watched last season right?
    Tell me something... What you just described about speed rushers allowing the qb to step up in the pocket... Is that what you actually saw happen last season? Was the pressure flowers gave up negated completely by Eli stepping up in the pocket?

    From what I saw... absolutely NOT! Eli got the ball out of his hands as quickly as any qb in the league.. Yet he still got CREAMED after every pass play.

    This notion of speed rushers not being as disruptive as bull rushers.. I just don't see it. Not least year. Not on this team.

    I get what your saying in a theoretical sense... But in reality it just doesn't matter.



    (BTW when deihl was playing this was before macadoos quick paced scheme. Eli held on to the ball longer back then. Just another factor to consider when comparing pressure given up by these players.)

  3. #83
    "Plaxico shot himself in the leg?"

  4. #84
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    17,721
    Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    Because a QB can step up in the pocket if an OT gets speed-rushed on the edge

    If the OT gets bull-rushed inside, the QB has no pocket
    Except when the middle of the pocket gets pushed in as it did so often last year to the NY Giants.

    How was it for the team you watch?

  5. #85
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Except when the middle of the pocket gets pushed in as it did so often last year to the NY Giants.

    How was it for the team you watch?
    Our interior OL had excellent pass pro last year. Not sure what you saw. This narrative makes no sense when you look at the tape

    The problem is the few pressures that our OL did allow from the interior were very impactful.

  6. #86
    Moderator jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    27,989
    Quote Originally Posted by CGYgiant View Post
    Our interior OL had excellent pass pro last year. Not sure what you saw. This narrative makes no sense when you look at the tape

    The problem is the few pressures that our OL did allow from the interior were very impactful.
    I have watched the tape. The stat line says that Eli wasn't sacked that often. The tape says he had to get rid of it really fast too often.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #87
    All-Pro Gee718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planet Naboo
    Posts
    11,586
    "I hope we re-sign John Jerry"

    haha...I said this to myself twice in the last two years

  8. #88
    All-Pro Gee718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planet Naboo
    Posts
    11,586
    "Damn...who's going to replace Newhouse"

  9. #89
    All-Pro SG88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    31,213
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    People have such short memories i swear lol
    Or they have selective memories.

  10. #90
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "There is no comfort in the truth"
    Posts
    63,417
    "we need quality LB's"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts