+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

Over the course of time everyone's team views and personal opinions about players change. Was talking to a friend the other day and I can't believe these words came out of my mouth:

"The Giants need another David Diehl type.....someone who can shift around the line."

I later amended that statement to a Rich Seubert type as he excelled at each spot on the line where DD was adequate but I honestly never thought I'd say that about DD as I was his biggest critic. I guess you don't realize what you've got till it's gone.

Just curious if anyone has made similar recent statements they'd never thought they'd utter/write about the Giants.

David Diehl was the biggest turnstile in all of football from 2nd half of 2009 thru 2013.

"I will never root for, cheer for, or chant LT's name ever again"
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    David Diehl was the biggest turnstile in all of football from 2nd half of 2009 thru 2013.
    the thread was not asking your opinion on DD
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The LAST thing the Giants need, is another David Diehl.

The last thing.

Unless you like O-Linemen that hemorrhage pressure relentlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    The LAST thing the Giants need, is another David Diehl.

The last thing.

Unless you like O-Linemen that hemorrhage pressure relentlessly.
    David Diehl was a great Giant.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

David Deihl was one of my favorite OL of all time. I mean not saying much, im a 27 year old Giants fan. I dont watch or root for other teams OLs lol He was probably second behind Snee.

Deihl was vastly underrated. Guy could play anywhere on the line. Reese/Coughlin cutting Pettiguot and having Deihl play LT was one of the major moves that made the Giants a Super Bowl team IMO. Guy was a 5th round pick who started from day 1. Started all 16 games from 03-09. Wish we had that consistency now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post

Sure he was, he ended David Wilson's career in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    People have such short memories i swear lol

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    David Deihl was one of my favorite OL of all time. I mean not saying much, im a 27 year old Giants fan. I dont watch or root for other teams OLs lol He was probably second behind Snee.

Deihl was vastly underrated. Guy could play anywhere on the line. Reese/Coughlin cutting Pettiguot and having Deihl play LT was one of the major moves that made the Giants a Super Bowl team IMO. Guy was a 5th round pick who started from day 1. Started all 16 games from 03-09. Wish we had that consistency now lol
    "Guy could play anywhere on the line"

That's the problem, he couldn't play WELL anywhere on the line.

I could play anywhere on the line too. Doesn't mean I can play well.