+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    If you were around for the 60's-70's, you'd understand. They were very dark days for this team
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    if you sat in the stands through the 60s , 70s and some of the 80s you would say the same thing

it honestly felt like we may have to accept that it would never happen

those were lean years my friend

that is exactly why the scene at the Stadium during the NFC championship game against the Redskins looked the way it did ... grown men crying big snotty tears ... strangers hugging each other and holding on for dear life... etc ...

we never thought we would see the day
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To me the two most important Giants game I ever saw was the win over the Cowboys in 1981 and the Redskins championship game in 86.

How could it be that our perennial doormat team was actually going to the Superbowl?

The 81 game happened when I was 23 years old. I had never seen my team in the playoffs. The 86 Redskins game was almost indescribable.
    + a billion.

But in retrospect the long wait made '86 that much sweeter.
    Thank god it's hockey season.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    + a billion.

But in retrospect the long wait made '86 that much sweeter.
    I feel for you guys couldn't imagine that kind of dry run.....fans of my era are spoiled (born in '78)....pretty much a trophy every decade hence why many posters have a tough time relating.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    I feel for you guys couldn't imagine that kind of dry run.....fans of my era are spoiled (born in '78)....pretty much a trophy every decade hence why many posters have a tough time relating.
    where are the back to back west coast games? I didnt see that on the sched?
    Also how is this sched "inconvenient" to the fans?
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To me the two most important Giants game I ever saw was the win over the Cowboys in 1981 and the Redskins championship game in 86.

How could it be that our perennial doormat team was actually going to the Superbowl?

The 81 game happened when I was 23 years old. I had never seen my team in the playoffs. The 86 Redskins game was almost indescribable.

For me, the '86 Redskins game was it.

I couldn't believe it was real.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 04-21-2017 at 11:22 AM.

"Giant-wise" you were born at the perfect time. Eight years old in '86? Old enough to know what's going on....perfect.

Now, "music-wise" a totally different story. You missed out on some great live shows in the 70s....
    Thank god it's hockey season.

81 finally making the playoffs and then beating the Eagles in the 1st round after they just went to the SB the year before was great. I also liked whooping the Great Niners in the 85 playoffs. At that point I felt we were going to win a SB.

To give you some perspective...we were essentially the 70's version of today's Browns. Pretty much a laughing stock.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    The LAST thing the Giants need, is another David Diehl.

The last thing.

Unless you like O-Linemen that hemorrhage pressure relentlessly.
    Diehl was better than flowers is right now that's for sure. He would be an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Diehl was better than flowers is right now that's for sure. He would be an upgrade
    No, Flowers doesn't get bull-rushed inside.

Diehl couldn't anchor against a simple bull-rush.

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    No, Flowers doesn't get bull-rushed inside.

Diehl couldn't anchor against a simple bull-rush.
    Who cares who gets beat what way more? Bull rush swim move dip and rip, these are all pass rush moves that offensive linemen need to defend. ESPECIALLY left tackles.

Who cares what move is being used to get beat? Why would an end try to bull rush when they know a speed rush will work?

Flowers gets beat way more often then Diehl did.. And that should be the only relevant fact when comparing the pass blocking ability between flowers and David Diehl.

+ Reply to Thread