+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One BIG Schedule complaint

If what we're seeing is true, I despise the road Thanksgiving game WITHIN THE DIVISION. I despise it for any team, not just us. Being at home on that day, is a MASSIVE advantage for the home team. Even if the Skins turn out to be bad, and/or decimated with injuries, and we turn out to be great and healthy, it's a horrible spot to be in especially if the stakes are high.

Thoughts?

I suppose this, if combined with the Cowboys at home and possibly thrown a patsy to beat up on National TV, could make for a nauseating day. But in any season where our team has a top defense, I'm comfortable with any scenario.

It's not that big of a deal. It's an hour flight

The schedule is the schedule. These are big boy pros. If they go in there and get beat. It will be because they were not prepared to play well enough to win. Nothing else.I am going to call it now , I don't see them losing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    It's not that big of a deal. It's an hour flight
    I'm not talking about the flight time.

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    If what we're seeing is true, I despise the road Thanksgiving game WITHIN THE DIVISION. I despise it for any team, not just us. Being at home on that day, is a MASSIVE advantage for the home team. Even if the Skins turn out to be bad, and/or decimated with injuries, and we turn out to be great and healthy, it's a horrible spot to be in especially if the stakes are high.

Thoughts?
    why is it any more of an advantage than any other home game. Because of the holiday??
    I dont buy that especially for a division rival
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post

Thoughts?
    not really sure how Thanksgiving night game is any different than any night road game. I dont really think the crowd is going to be more revved up than usual just because it's Thanksgiving. Plus. Giants play well in Washington.

dont see how it's a horrible spot or anything honestly. We'd have to play a thursday game anyway this year. Better @ Washington than @ Philly

I'm more concerned that they open up on the road in Arlington for the 100th time

I see a lot of posters not too upset about this but I truly think if you asked any Giants fan pre-schedule release to name a scheduling nightmare and they answered honestly at the top of that list would be a mid-week game on the road against a division rival on a holiday.

I was upset when I first heard about it but now I'm over it.....will probably end up going with my sister but let's not pretend in any way shape or form this somehow benefits the Giants......all the chips are stacked in the Skins favor going in.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    I see a lot of posters not too upset about this but I truly think if you asked any Giants fan pre-schedule release to name a scheduling nightmare and they answered honestly at the top of that list would be a mid-week game on the road against a division rival on a holiday.

I was upset when I first heard about it but now I'm over it.....will probably end up going with my sister but let's not pretend in any way shape or form this somehow benefits the Giants......all the chips are stacked in the Skins favor going in.
    why any more than any other home, night, national game.?
    Why does Thanksgiving have much at all to do with it??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch