+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    If what we're seeing is true, I despise the road Thanksgiving game WITHIN THE DIVISION. I despise it for any team, not just us. Being at home on that day, is a MASSIVE advantage for the home team. Even if the Skins turn out to be bad, and/or decimated with injuries, and we turn out to be great and healthy, it's a horrible spot to be in especially if the stakes are high.

Thoughts?

idk if playing on Thanksgiving is any more taxing than any other date and time. the only thing against both teams is a short week of preparation. then theres a 10 break between the next game.

playing on any given game day has its advantages and disadvantage.

If what we're seeing is true, I despise the road Thanksgiving game WITHIN THE DIVISION. I despise it for any team, not just us. Being at home on that day, is a MASSIVE advantage for the home team. Even if the Skins turn out to be bad, and/or decimated with injuries, and we turn out to be great and healthy, it's a horrible spot to be in especially if the stakes are high.

Thoughts?
    Home field at the old Giants stadium, was definitely an advantage.
    The 2 billion dollar tuna fish can? ...not so much!
    I stopped buying into that traveling disadvantage stuff a long time ago. I just don't believe it means diddly!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

If the Redskins are awful and we are fighting for a playoff spot, then we are definitely in trouble.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

All-Pro
    We get the face 3 teams off their bye week, plus we play the Rams after our bye week, but the Rams also have the same bye week..that rest advantage lol lol

I'm just pissed that the Giants//Cardinals game is on Christmas Eve. There goes my chance of going to that game.

Veteran
    they also play a league high 4 teams right after their bye weeks...teams getting something like 22 more days of rest than the giants. it is what it is.

Well being that we made the playoffs after a big layoff of many years of not making the playoffs we had to know we weren't getting any favors from the NFL with our schedule. my biggest complaint is three years in a row opening up In Dallas? I actually am really excited for a turkey day game!

It's a division game in the road. Those are always the toughest matchups.

Thoughts?
    How is being at home on Thanksgiving any more of an advantage than being home on another Thursday?
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.