+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Reuben Foster flagged for drug test

  1. #51
    let someone else call the plays if necessary, put that dude int he lineup man.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    let someone else call the plays if necessary, put that dude int he lineup man.
    Im with that, its why I mentioned I would play him at WILL. Let Goodson call the plays in the middle.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Agreed, thats why I think Goodson will be the MLB. He now has a year in Spags D. Jarrad Davis to me is the perfect pick because he can play all 3 LB positions. Honestly, if we took Foster, I would play him at WILL year 1.
    ive actually seen that too from some beat writers that Foster would probably come in as a WILL and then work his way to MLB. i'd be more than ok with that. And Davis has grown on me i cant lie. I like his play. His injuries just scare me. im not sure the Giants take someone who has an injury history in the first. Feel like Giants usually go cleanest prospects in the first.

    Unfortunately the same reason i can see them passing on Foster and Cook if they were there too

  4. #54
    Would STILL DRAFT HIM! No Hesitation! Our greatest player in Franchise History was LT need I say more? He is so good I still don't think he falls to #23 but if he does NO HESITATION that Card should be sent up before the Clock runs out lol


  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Who is crazier - the person with the neck tatttoos or the person who refuses to draft a player just because he has neck tattoos?
    It is the whole package of things. His attitude issues, his obvious failed drug test (trying to detox to circumvent it), etc. The neck tattoo is like the novel The Scarlet Letter where people had to wear an "A" on their dress to signify that they were an adulterer. Reuben's "Scarlet Letter" tells the world: "Hey, I'm really crazy!". Hindsight is 20/20, in the future when this guy is caught with weed then given the initial 4 game suspension you guys will make some excuse for him. When he does it a second time and is suspended for a year you guys will say: "But he's so good when he actually plays!". Ask Dallas how Randy Gregory is going to do in 2017. Oh wait, yeah, he's suspended the entire year. Imagine being a Pittsburgh fan and every year Le'Veon Bell is getting suspended. He's amazing when he's on the field... but he's constantly not on it due to suspensions. Next time he slips he's going to be suspended for a year. Remember that WR on the Cleveland Browns? Josh Gordon? He was amazing when he was on the field. The problem is that he was suspended for a year, then suspended indefinitely from the NFL. His career is officially over.

    At this point our draft should be Rueben Foster in the 1st round and Joe Mixon in the 2nd round. We will have the best thug players in the draft. We need to rebuild the Giants as a classless organization. It has been too classy for too long. It is 2017 guys, get with the times. Being awful is the new good.

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Well in 1981 there were 2 NFL GMs that said they wouldn't take Lawrence Taylor. Thankfully one of them had the #1 pick and took George Rogers because Lawrence Taylor was "reckless".
    The game has changed. Science/Technology has progressed substantially since that time period. They do drug testing that can pickup the smallest amounts of substance in their body and circumventing the test results in failure. In addition to this the suspensions are much harsher. If LT played in the NFL now he'd be a Randy Gregory or a Josh Gordon. He'd be suspended every year because of his cocaine abuse. I understand the comparison you are trying to make but the current NFL rules are harsh for substance abuse.
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-21-2017 at 04:16 PM.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    It is the whole package of things. His attitude issues, his obvious failed drug test (trying to detox to circumvent it), etc. The neck tattoo is like the novel The Scarlet Letter where people had to wear an "A" on their dress to signify that they were an adulterer. Reuben's "Scarlet Letter" tells the world: "Hey, I'm really crazy!". Hindsight is 20/20, in the future when this guy is caught with weed then given the initial 4 game suspension you guys will make some excuse for him. When he does it a second time and is suspended for a year you guys will say: "But he's so good when he actually plays!". Ask Dallas how Randy Gregory is going to do in 2017. Oh wait, yeah, he's suspended the entire year. Imagine being a Pittsburgh fan and every year Le'Veon Bell is getting suspended. He's amazing when he's on the field... but he's constantly not on it due to suspensions.

    At this point our draft should be Rueben Foster in the 1st round and Joe Mixon in the 2nd round. We will have the best thug players in the draft. We need to rebuild the Giants as a classless organization. It has been too classy for too long. It is 2017 guys, get with the times. Being awful is the new good.
    i hate the assumption that it was weed.

    has Foster ever failed a drug test before? does he have a history of this? i havent seen that he does anywhere, but maybe i missed it. but if he doesnt have a history, i think thats a really unfair assumption to say his piss was diluted because he smoked. If he's never smoked before, or at least been caught smoking before, i doubt he would be dumb enough to do it right before the combine.

    and saying the hospital thing is a reason to believe it is weed is BS too. the two are unrelated unless you wanna get all conspiracy.


    its not that hard to believe he was sick and had to flush it out IMO. 3 months ago i had a ridiculous 24 hour bug where i dont think ive ever been sicker. i thought it was food poisoning too like he did. couldnt keep anything down for 16 hours. Had to drink water just to have something to throw up.

    so that's why i honestly want to know if he has a history. Like you're entire break down is based off one assumption that may not even be true

    The Randy Gregory sitch is completelyyyyy different too and comparing them just is short sighted

  7. #57
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    60,688
    As determined as the NFL is to ruin the careers of some of these players.....I would pass. He would have a huge target on his back and we know the league will **** over any player when they want to.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  8. #58
    Reuben was never suspended at Alabama and Nick Saban vouched for Foster as a bright athlete that was respected by his teammates and a good leader. I'll let that carry more weight than making any assumptions because he has a neck tat. Hell, I know a guy that is covered in tats.. all over his neck. He's a firefighter and successful business owner.. .and has never done a drug or a had a sip of alcohol in his life. Another one of my friends with a neck tat is a nurse and mma fighter.. and has never had alcohol or drugs in their life.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

    Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

  9. #59
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    60,688
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Reuben was never suspended at Alabama and Nick Saban vouched for Foster as a bright athlete that was respected by his teammates and a good leader. I'll let that carry more weight than making any assumptions because he has a neck tat. Hell, I know a guy that is covered in tats.. all over his neck. He's a firefighter and successful business owner.. .and has never done a drug or a had a sip of alcohol in his life. Another one of my friends with a neck tat is a nurse and mma fighter.. and has never had alcohol or drugs in their life.
    Who said anything about a neck tattoo?
    This is about a drug test failure.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  10. #60
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goonies never say die
    Posts
    25,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who said anything about a neck tattoo?
    This is about a drug test failure.
    Wonder if LT would fail drug tests now a days....
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts