+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    You just know the Cowboys will pick this guy up in the second round.

ill take him at 23 in a heartbeat

Starter
    Should the NFL ever gives the "thumbs up" for weed, Sundays are going to slow down a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarBear56 View Post
    Should the NFL ever gives the "thumbs up" for weed, Sundays are going to slow down a whole lot.
    They could add an intermission for the munchies

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    They could add an intermission for the munchies
    Giants will have to open up a 7-11, Taco Bell or pizza joint in the tunnel.

The next LT

There is much more to Foster than just this. He is a very scary prospect at this point.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ter-interviews

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    I'd stay so far away from him in the draft. How does the saying go: "Never trust a man with a face/neck tattoo". You have to be a special level of crazy. You know what is also nuts? Tim Williams was caught with an illegal firearm and marijuana was found in his car too (about a year ago). You can't remove the thug out of some of these guys. Both of these dudes are linebackers at Alabama. Connect the dots. Both of these guys are no good. This recent Aaron Hernandez news is a good reminder to GMs why you don't draft the thugs.

This guy could be a good linebacker in the NFL.... but it just won't be on the Giants.
    1. I would say Reuben Foster is actually pretty far from being a "thug". 2. Smoking pot doesn't make you a thug. 3. Tim Williams wasn't really caught with an illegal firearm. He was arrested because he had the receipt for the gun he had recently purchased, but did not have the temporary license that came with it on him. I think when more details came out about it it was reported that he had been at the gun range earlier that day and that's why he had the gun on him.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

I may know a little more about Foster than others. What I can tell you is he doesn't seem like much of a "thug" to me. He's very quiet. Doesn't like to talk. He's just not the brightest guy you'll meet.. or perhaps it comes off that way because of how shy he is. On the field he's a killer. Early on at Alabama there were concerns cause the amount of times he knocked himself out at practice while making tackles. He was all about making big hits and had to work on form. It's also why he wore the big neck piece until his last year when he learned better tackling form.

As for the hospital treatment. Everything I've heard was that it was blown out of proportion and that the disagreement didn't happen because of entitlement or having to wait.. it was that the staff wouldn't answer any of his questions and had an attitude. He reacted. Not saying it was right and with the drug test and reports of poor interviews, his stock could definitely drop him to us or beyond. I've always said he wouldn't interview well. He just not good at talking and again, not the smartest guy.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I may know a little more about Foster than others. What I can tell you is he doesn't seem like much of a "thug" to me. He's very quiet. Doesn't like to talk. He's just not the brightest guy you'll meet.. or perhaps it comes off that way because of how shy he is. On the field he's a killer. Early on at Alabama there were concerns cause the amount of times he knocked himself out at practice while making tackles. He was all about making big hits and had to work on form. It's also why he wore the big neck piece until his last year when he learned better tackling form.

As for the hospital treatment. Everything I've heard was that it was blown out of proportion and that the disagreement didn't happen because of entitlement or having to wait.. it was that the staff wouldn't answer any of his questions and had an attitude. He reacted. Not saying it was right and with the drug test and reports of poor interviews, his stock could definitely drop him to us or beyond. I've always said he wouldn't interview well. He just not good at talking and again, not the smartest guy.
    That may be an issue though as a MLB. That position especially you have to have intelligence. Its not just your play but making the correct calls and getting your players lined up correctly. Can he do that?