+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Scottish Giants Fan need advice

I am the father of a 10yr old NY Giants fan from Scotland in the UK. He is so obsessed with the team that we are considering flying over to NY this coming October to watch the Giants. Now that the fixture schedule has at long last been released can any one advise me of a reputable website to buy tickets from? I note that there are no tickets available yet through the Giants.com website but Stubhub & Viagogo are already selling tickets.
    Forgive my ignorance but any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by PeteV10; 04-21-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Veteran
    The ones you see on the resale sites are season ticket holder's seats. I imagine that some single game tickets will go on sale on Giants.com shortly but the bulk of tickets are for season ticket holders so you may need to use the resale sites.

You can shop with relative confidence on Stubhub, Viagogo and the NFL's own Ticket Exchange site. All three guarantee your seats are genuine and if you have any issue on the day you should be able to call them and they'll sort you out or give you alternatives.

Out of interest which game are you looking at in October? I'm toying with going over on my own for the Seahawks game.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Blue View Post
    The ones you see on the resale sites are season ticket holder's seats. I imagine that some single game tickets will go on sale on Giants.com shortly but the bulk of tickets are for season ticket holders so you may need to use the resale sites.

You can shop with relative confidence on Stubhub, Viagogo and the NFL's own Ticket Exchange site. All three guarantee your seats are genuine and if you have any issue on the day you should be able to call them and they'll sort you out or give you alternatives.

Out of interest which game are you looking at in October? I'm toying with going over on my own for the Seahawks game.

Essex Blue, Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, My son is the NFL expert not me as you can probably tell! I have never used any of the ticket resale sites so it's good to hear that they are reliable. The Seahawks game corresponds with the local school holidays & so that game we targeting. Maybe see you there!?

Veteran
    I've used Stubhub a lot lately - did Wrestlemania in Orlando a couple of weeks ago and all of our tickets for the various shows were with them. Also done other NFL games (not Giants sadly) with tickets bought from them.

Definitely see you there - I'll be the one wearing blue

Bench Player
    Pete, out of curiosity, what kind of price were you quoted for flights during the October week if you don't mind me asking? Like yourself I was thinking of taking a trip at that time. I am in Glasgow BTW.

Bench Player
    Ha ha, enjoy the game!

Bench Player
    GiantCelt, Thanks for the reply. Thought my son was the only Giants fan in Glasgow!
    Just started looking for flights today now that I know the fixture dates. So far my best quote is around 400 via Dublin with Air Lingus. A friend has also advised me to look at Norweigian Airlines who are apparently starting a new route to NY form Edinburgh or Glasgow. Hope that helps.
    See you at the game!

Bench Player
    Aye Pete, we are thin on the ground and no mistake! Back in the mid 80s when Football began to increase in popularity all the guys in my school, being mostly Celtic fans picked a team in green (Jets or GB, never Philly amusingy). I wanted to buck that trend by going the opposite way. Never regretted it for a minute!

Also heard about the Norwegian Airlines route, having previously been recommended the Icelandair route via Reykyavic. This includes a free stop over which although might be appealing to me (having not been to Iceland) might not be the best option for a 10 year old laddie desperate to see Big Blue!

Pete I have a set of 3 and my wife has a set of 2 season tickets. We end up selling a bunch each year. Most tickets generally go to friends that are also fans for just over the season ticket price. Stubhub is very reliable and usually has good prices. Ebay is less reliable, although we have used them as well in the past. If you run into trouble with those avenues let me know.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Bench Player
    My son loves watching Odell Beckham Jr and also the great Osi Umenyiora on the BBC NFL show so he's a Giants fan for life.
    Can't wait to see his face when we get to the MetLife Stadium.