+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation 2017 Schedule info every Giants fan needs to read.....

http://empirewritesback.com/2017/04/...riors-in-2017/

click link to read the entire article:

The Giants will be traveling more than any other team on the East Coast that does not have to leave the country. The Jacksonville Jaguars will travel more, but that is because they play over in London once again.

The Giants will be facing off against a team coming off a bye week four times in 2017, the most of any team in the NFL. That puts the Giants at a net rating of minus-22 days of less rest than the teams they will be playing against. That is a significant number when the second worst team is the Detroit Lions at minus-10.

That could be a huge factor for the Giants as the season wears on. The Giants also do not have the luxury of playing any home division games early in the season. For whatever reason, the Giants do not host an NFC East team until Week 14 when the Dallas Cowboys visit MetLife Stadium. That late in the season, those home divisional games could be meaningless.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

so it seems the Giants do have some disadvantages this season.
    They play more teams off of byes than any other team. They will be traveling more.
    They will have less hours of rest than any other team

If they still come out with a good record then they will either be fully battle tested or they will be shot come the payoffs.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Heard about this on Mike and Mike today. Oh well. We have to play them anyway. If three division games from 14 on are meaningless then we suck and it wouldn't matter when we play them. My thought is at least we are not traveling that late in the year. The bye week thing is a big mess up by the NFL imo.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

I feel like they got screwed big time in the schedule this year. Only thing that works out is the week 8 bye. Not only the travel but they are playing multiple teams coming off a bye like the Seahawks and Rams. I didnt really check to see if there were more but Im sure there is.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

yeah I normally dont care much about tough schedule but the playing teams after a bye week and less time off than other teams is odd.

Like Irish said.....Oh well......
    Play hard or go home

3 of the last 4 games at home is huge.. but the overall schedule seems like they went out of their way to make it more difficult.

I think most of this is overblown. Especially the part about teams off bye weeks.

Opponents we face after their bye week

@ Broncos

vs. Seahawks

vs. Rams (we both share this bye week)

vs. Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I think most of this is overblown. Especially the part about teams off bye weeks.

Opponents we face after their bye week

@ Broncos

vs. Seahawks

vs. Rams (we both share this bye week)

vs. Chiefs
    I guess that plus the less time off, plus the travel. plus not playing a home div game until week 14....

either way its just some interesting info

The good news is there's less time to oh I dunno maybe go to Miami
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

The Giants and their ticket holders flat out got ****ed by the NFL. No other way to put it. Usually there is a give and take with the scheduling....like alright 4 out of your first 6 are on the road but you made a request to have back to back West Coast games so we'll grant you that.....NOPE! Took it up the *** across the board. Home games late only benefit you if you can get through the guillotine they set up for you early on.....this schedule blows.

This has nothing to do with being scared to play certain team at certain times or anything like that.....the reality is this scheduled is highly inconvenient for both the players and the fans.