+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Two teams off byes last year.
    One was GB on the road in prime time after a road game in Minnesota in prime time. That was brutal.
    The other was the Bengals at home.
    and we played the Cowboys off 10 days rest last year like we do this year too

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I think most of this is overblown. Especially the part about teams off bye weeks.

Opponents we face after their bye week

@ Broncos

vs. Seahawks

vs. Rams (we both share this bye week)

vs. Chiefs
    I'm my opinion the worst part of the schedule is that fact that we have the home opener on a Monday night... Which means we have a short week of rest headed into Philly.. A place they historically struggle greatly in.

The teams that we play we set in stone as soon as the standings were set.. But the cliche goes its not who you play.. its when you play them.. And I don't think the schedule could have worked out much worse then this.

The schedule will not make or break the season though. I will complain about this for another week and then I'll be too distracted by the draft to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but didnt they have 3 or 4 games last year against teams coming off Byes?
    I do not recall
    would have to go check

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but didnt they have 3 or 4 games last year against teams coming off Byes?
    Yet we still went 11-5; best record in quite awhile.

If were good then the schedule wont be an issue and as I've stated before, I like the exciting games against the better teams.

Veteran
    I would think that Denver Broncos have toughest schedule. They play Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, NE Patriots, NY Giants and also have to play Oakland Raiders twice and Kansas City Chiefs twice as well.

If NY Giants are a good team then the schedule should be fine. I kind of like all the exciting games against good competition.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    because you're making it seem like the schedule makers did this on purpose lol they have 32 schedules to make and they all have to aligned and work out perfectly. The schedule is the schedule. We had 4 west coast games this year no matter what and we had to travel no matter what. but to say they shafted us is BS. The only thing you can say they shafted us with is they didnt fit our request to have 2 road west coast games back to back, but who cares lol maybe they couldnt work it out with the Raiders and 49ers schedules...
    IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY.....I get it I just don't like it or agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I do not recall
    would have to go check
    I'm still waiting to hear the last NFL team to open the season away 5 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

My friend has a theory that they're trying to make this game a NFL tradition......Giants at Dallas opener.....every year.....forever.....I'm finding it difficult to shoot holes in his theory.
    Last edited by BlueJayC; 04-21-2017 at 01:10 PM.

All-Pro
    14 games of the schedule is set in stone for a long time, all the west coast games doesn't bother me, it's the way they chose to say F U to the Giants facing 4 teams after their bye week..

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    and we played the Cowboys off 10 days rest last year like we do this year too
    I have to find my stats for that. If my memory is correct, which it might not be, teams coming off of Thursday night games and playing on the road have horrible records. That is more a benefit for us than for them. The prevailing theory is that even with those 10 days rest the fact they had 3 days rest between games the week prior really screws them up that they can't recover in time even with the extra rest.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    But the cliche goes its not who you play.. its when you play them.
    I've literally never heard that in my life lol.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Two teams off byes last year.
    One was GB on the road in prime time after a road game in Minnesota in prime time. That was brutal.
    The other was the Bengals at home.
    I could of sworn it was more then that and remember people complaining about it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***