+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    If he's there in the 3rd, not drafting him would just be idiotic. Look at the risk/reward. A 3rd round pick for a first round talent and key piece to a potential superbowl winning roster, versus not drafting him because it would hurt some fans' feelings. As long as they win games nobody's gonna care what he did in the past (assuming he doesn't do it again). If you believe in giving people second chances you need to give him a shot.

  2. #22
    Yes I'd take him. Will JR and the FO, nope-uh
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd


    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

  3. #23
    Veteran BleedBlue15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
    because it would hurt some fans' feelings
    I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was your mother/sister/wife/girlfriend he sucker-punched
    1. Forrest Lamp
    2. Raekwon McMillan
    3. Jake Butt

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The Giants are not drafting him.

    And P.S., they're not drafting Chad Kelly either.
    Just curious. Were you the one that said they would never sign Brandon Marshall or was that someone else?
    Engage brain before speaking.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    538
    I'd take him if he's there in the second tbh. Someone is going to take him.

  6. #26
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,255
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Just curious. Were you the one that said they would never sign Brandon Marshall or was that someone else?
    No

  7. #27
    Veteran TEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
    If he's there in the 3rd, not drafting him would just be idiotic. Look at the risk/reward. A 3rd round pick for a first round talent and key piece to a potential superbowl winning roster, versus not drafting him because it would hurt some fans' feelings. As long as they win games nobody's gonna care what he did in the past (assuming he doesn't do it again). If you believe in giving people second chances you need to give him a shot.
    The Giants are not going to take a player with any DV history. If he is there in the 7th round that are not going to pick him. They do not want anymore bad press pertaining to Domestic Violence.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    The Giants are not going to take a player with any DV history. If he is there in the 7th round that are not going to pick him. They do not want anymore bad press pertaining to Domestic Violence.
    I get your point and you are probably right but I disagree with that mindset. I think it comes down to what the kid is really like. If hes really a scumbag then no, he doesnt belong on the team. But if hes not the scumbag everyones making him out to be and hes truly sorry that he made a mistake then I think it would be foolish not to take him in the 3rd.

  9. #29
    How is it any domestic violence on his part? You clearly see in the video that the woman struck him first, he was just defending himself. He apologized for what happened and he's ready to move on.

    I would love to have Mixon in the 3rd, but we can probably get him later.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    The Giants are not going to take a player with any DV history. If he is there in the 7th round that are not going to pick him. They do not want anymore bad press pertaining to Domestic Violence.
    Good thing Joe Mixon does not have a history of domestic violence nor is there a single incident of domestic violence in which he was involved. That is what makes his situation much different than all these other guys in the NFL getting kicked to the curb. This was not domestic violence.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

    The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts