+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CAN the GIANTS build there Offensive line this year by Taking a OG ?

There was an article posted here about the Giants not loving any of the top three OT's in this years draft.........if true can the Giants build a solid line this year by selecting one of the top OG's? Maybe Forrest Lamp or Dan Feeney? Dallas took Zack Martin OG, in 2014 with the 16th pick and everyone thought Dallas was crazy and over reached...............well it sickens me to say it....but damn and I jealous of their line

Forrest Lamp please

btw, you're going to make John Jerry's mom go on another rant with this thread
    1. Forrest Lamp
    2. Raekwon McMillan
    3. Jake Butt

I think we have a bigger need at OT, but if a guy like Lamp is there, you take him. He is a terrific prospect with the versatility to play 4 spots on the OL at a very high level imo.

Starter
    I think you could make the argument that our last 3 1st or 2nd rd OL picks were all reaches, and 1 of them is a total bust.

This is why I'm not "on board" with us squandering another top draft pick on OL, especially in this draft class.

We should trade up to get OJ Howard IMHO.

Veteran
    Pending any major injuries, the only spot open is RG.
    Flowers will have too be really bad during pre season, to be moved. So, should that occur Flowers will be moved to RG. Meanig, we would need a Left OT.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthavephil View Post
    Pending any major injuries, the only spot open is RG.
    Flowers will have too be really bad during pre season, to be moved. So, should that occur Flowers will be moved to RG. Meanig, we would need a Left OT.

RG is not open. John Jerry is the starting RG. Period, end of story.

Flowers will be the LT this season. And, there is 0 chance he plays guard. ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I think we have a bigger need at OT, but if a guy like Lamp is there, you take him. He is a terrific prospect with the versatility to play 4 spots on the OL at a very high level imo.

Jordan Ranaan dispelled this notion on Periscope last night. Giants will not take Lamp. He is a "move, pull" OG. Giants already have that in Pugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    Jordan Ranaan dispelled this notion on Periscope last night. Giants will not take Lamp. He is a "move, pull" OG. Giants already have that in Pugh.
    But wait, according to you, Pugh will be gone after this year. So isnt a replacement needed?

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    But wait, according to you, Pugh will be gone after this year. So isnt a replacement needed?

Yup, but they're not using their 23rd overall pick in 2017 on Pugh's replacement in 2018.

Pugh's replacement for 2018 will be drafted in the mid rounds. Not with the 23rd pick.