+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RIGHT ON CUE...broken record
    1. Forrest Lamp
    2. Raekwon McMillan
    3. Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    Jordan Ranaan dispelled this notion on Periscope last night. Giants will not take Lamp. He is a "move, pull" OG. Giants already have that in Pugh.
    Lamp seems like he has the power to be more than a move and pull guard that Pugh is. Just saw he put up 34 reps on the bench, that's pretty impressive.
    Last edited by drewz; 04-21-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: autocorrect

Yup, but they're not using their 23rd overall pick in 2017 on Pugh's replacement in 2018.
    So taking a player who can be above average at 4 different positions and very likely has All-Pro ability at two of them is a bad choice? Lamp may be a starter at any of 3 positions on our OL right away. Guy is almost a Martin clone to the tee. It would not be smart to pass on him if he is there.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Lamp needs he has the power to be more than a move and pull guard that Pugh is. Just saw he put up 34 reps on the bench, that's pretty impressive.
    but...but...but he's not 330-340+ lbs and that's all that matters in bizarro world
    1. Forrest Lamp
    2. Raekwon McMillan
    3. Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Lamp needs he has the power to be more than a move and pull guard that Pugh is. Just saw he put up 34 reps on the bench, that's pretty impressive.
    Lamp could play either OT or either OG spot right away. He would most likely be better than what we have currently at LT, RG and RT. Guy is an excellent player and the best OL prospect in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    but...but...but he's not 330-340+ lbs and that's all that matters in bizarro world
    Lol, he says this like he believes it. Funny that our 2 best OL (Pugh and Richburg) dont fit these size requirements.

This is a TERRIBLE YEAR for Lineman I don't think we will take one in the 1st Round but I guess we will find out next week. I think Reese goes Best Players Available regardless of position instead of just taking whatever Lineman is still on the board

Giants like every other team have their own Big Board they don't go by what Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are saying

Pugh's replacement for 2018 will be drafted in the mid rounds. Not with the 23rd pick.
    Why do you think Pugh will not be here next year? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    This is a TERRIBLE YEAR for Lineman I don't think we will take one in the 1st Round but I guess we will find out next week. I think Reese goes Best Players Available regardless of position instead of just taking whatever Lineman is still on the board

Giants like every other team have their own Big Board they don't go by what Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are saying
    I am not sure we take one in the first either, but I think a guy like Lamp is the exception in this class. He is a top prospect through and through. Most likely we go defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post

Last year was a terrible year for offensive linemen, the Titans stole an All-Pro rookie from us.

If there is a good prospect there at 23, you take him.

I'd be cool with Lamp, Robinson, or Bolles.