+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

As draft day approaches, a friendly reminder that we're not very good at drafting

Our last few drafts:

2012 = total bust. No players remain.

2013 = almost a total bust. Only Pugh remains. We just lost Hankins, who underperformed anyway.

2014 = SUCCESS because of OBJ and possibly Richburg (jury's still out IMHO...)

2015 = Landon Collins is the saving grace. Maybe Hart continues to grow? But probably another near total bust.

2016 = too soon to say, though I still honestly feel that Eli Apple was a reach (even a year later)

So basically just 1 franchise player (or none) in 3 of our 4 most recent tested draft classes. I'm tempering my expectations that we will "save the OL" this draft...

Wink

Just because no players remain does not mean they are busts though.. Many factors go into success on draft night.

And you can use the evidence of multiple super bowls and a quick turn around after the Coughlin resignation as evidence that the current regime is preforming just fine.

Just sit back, relax... And be prepared to lose your marbles after they draft a prospect you've never heard of ;p
    Last edited by giants8493; 04-21-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Just because no players remain does not mean they are busts though.. Many factors go into success on draft night.

And you can use the evidence of multiple super bowls and a quick turn around after the Coughlin resignation as evidence that the current regime is preforming just fine.

Just sit back, relax... And be prepared to lose your marbles after they draft a prospect you've never heard of ��

LOL...............so true

throw another 200 mill at the problem

The Front office should read this forum if you ak me. The fans know more than they are given credit for! (well , some of them)

2 cents!

Might as well not even watch the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    Might as well not even watch the draft!
    might as well not even draft

Veteran
    Weve drafted as well as nearly anyone over the last four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
    Weve drafted as well as nearly anyone over the last four years.
    Yep, pretty easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Yep, pretty easy to see.
    It's amazing with a roster as talented as ours, people are still complaining about drafts from 5 years ago.

I disagree.

2012 - David Wilson was a good pick, but he caught a bad break. Should we have caught his spine issue pre-draft? Who knows. Rueben Randle was productive and his career stats are probably close to your beloved Victor Cruz....He's still young and still in the league.

Markus Kuhn -.Hey....He played at least. Jayron Hosely lasted 4 seasons even though he was a bum. So yeah, 2012 sucked,

2013 - Here is where you lose me. Pugh is pro bowl Caliber. Guys Jonathan Hankins is a good DT despite his free agency woes. Who here wouldn't be happy to have him back? Damontre Moore is still in the league. He had the skills but his mind was suspect. Nassib did what he was drafted to do and we never used him. Can't call a guy not needed a bust.

2014 - ODB....Win....Richburg, you are way off base. Great center who played injured. Considered a pro bowl snub in 2015. Bromley may be your new starting DT, Kennard is a starting LB and Berhe is Berhe.

2015 - Flowers is playing out of position, Landon is a GIANT. Found a starting OL in the 7th, Thompson is an injury bust that we reached for, but he was already replaced with Adams...an UDFA. Some drafts just don't have good players.

2016 - Great draft, top to bottom...even UDFA's Adams and Okwara