+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't understand the fascination to sign Blount. At all.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

It leaves us where we were. Good running backs with some upside hopefully and a poor offensive line. And that's exactly where we'd be if he signed AP or Blount except we'd probably have wasted cap space on a position we don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I don't understand the fascination to sign Blount. At all.
    Don't know if anyone is "fascinated" with Blount.
    Personally I think he's a solid, physical back who could be very useful on early downs, short yardage and the red zone.
    I think he could help our team.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Agree, Blount can only help the running game not hurt it.

Veteran
    I didn't think AP would sign here cause he doesn't want to be in a rotation. I still feel a RB should be around our 3rd or 4th priority in the draft. OT,DT,TE, and RB are probably our biggest needs. I seen on ESPN today that a strong inside runner named Conners from Tennessee should be available in the middle of the draft. Just as an example. Lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    I didn't think AP would sign here cause he doesn't want to be in a rotation. .
    Where do you think he is in NO? He is clearly the #2 behind Mark Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Where do you think he is in NO? He is clearly the #2 behind Mark Ingram.
    They aren't paying him $3.5MM to be a back up.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

A.P.,Blount....forget about it. I knew they weren't going to sign anyone. Why? Because look at our signings so far. This is going to be a big time passing offense. That was always the plan. The RB position is on the back burner for Reese. We are just going to have to deal with it. Hopefully Eli can still air it out and maybe we could have something like the Montana to Rice express this year.

Quote Originally Posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post
    A.P.,Blount....forget about it. I knew they weren't going to sign anyone. Why? Because look at our signings so far. This is going to be a big time passing offense. That was always the plan. The RB position is on the back burner for Reese. We are just going to have to deal with it. Hopefully Eli can still air it out and maybe we could have something like the Montana to Rice express this year.
    STRONGLY disagree.
    I think they believe the running game will open up the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    STRONGLY disagree.
    I think they believe the running game will open up the pass.
    Doesn't look like Reece shares everybody elses sentiments. We have all seen this before and we know how it plays out. I am not going to get worked up over it. I will wait until camp.