+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Adam Shaheen. a division II tight end. If we take him in the 2nd, I will most definitely say WTF.
    I gotta disagree, that's right where he belongs and he's one of the few solid all around TEs in a draft w lots of tweeners at the position, which I don't mind and seems to be the direction the position is heading. He's def 2nd round talent and I think would be a good pick for us
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Adam Shaheen. a division II tight end. If we take him in the 2nd, I will most definitely say WTF.
    +1 along with gerald everett and bucky hodges

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I gotta disagree, that's right where he belongs and he's one of the few solid all around TEs in a draft w lots of tweeners at the position, which I don't mind and seems to be the direction the position is heading. He's def 2nd round talent and I think would be a good pick for us
    Agreed, I would be just fine if we went after him. Seems to have the mold of a mini-Gronk and, as you mentioned, isn't a tweener. If this OL group is weak this year, we'll need a TE that can block as well as catch/run.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

I don't disagree that he could end up being a good player. But help me out here. I can only think of 2 division II Tight Ends that woud be considered good TEs in the NFL. Zach Miller and Delanie Walker. Both were 6th round picks I think, and Walker was a far superior prospect. I would prefer a 2nd round player that got it done against quality competition. I'm also not sure I've seen one mock that has him going before our pick in the 3rd round. I would say WTF, whether anyone disagrees or not. ha Cause I don't want a player in the 2nd that we could have a good chance of getting in the 3rd.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

I'm also not sure I've seen one mock that has him going before our pick in the 3rd round. I would say WTF, whether anyone disagrees or not. ha Cause I don't want a player in the 2nd that we could have a good chance of getting in the 3rd.
    Check those boards again, I've consistently seen him going in the mid-late 2nd round now (possibly early 3rd). He's someone who has driven up the boards since his killer combine and gained more stock after a great pro day.. his speed is exceptional for 6'6" 278. You can take his division into consideration but I think his numbers even that out, as he outperformed the other top prospects there (and I realize numbers aren't everything but they don't lie either:
    Howard: 45 catches, 595 yds, 3 TDs
    Njoku: 43 catches, 595 yds, 3 TDs
    Everett: 49 catches, 77 yds, 4 TDs
    Shaheen: 57 catches, 867, 16 TDs

I say no way is he there for our 3rd round pick. Someone will see his measurable, numbers, testing, and want an all around TE.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Check those boards again, I've consistently seen him going in the mid-late 2nd round now (possibly early 3rd). He's someone who has driven up the boards since his killer combine and gained more stock after a great pro day.. his speed is exceptional for 6'6" 278. You can take his division into consideration but I think his numbers even that out, as he outperformed the other top prospects there (and I realize numbers aren't everything but they don't lie either:
    Howard: 45 catches, 595 yds, 3 TDs
    Njoku: 43 catches, 595 yds, 3 TDs
    Everett: 49 catches, 77 yds, 4 TDs
    Shaheen: 57 catches, 867, 16 TDs

I say no way is he there for our 3rd round pick. Someone will see his measurable, numbers, testing, and want an all around TE.
    Just checked the most updated mock draft I could find first. I'm sure there are plenty. This one (from FOXsports.com) had him going in the 5th.

Edit: Another mock draft on Foxsports.com has him going 80th. Mid 3rd round but still 7 picks before our 3rd round pick. And one on nfl.com has him going early 3rd. So yeah he has definitely gone up a bit since last I checked. I've looked at 5 recent mocks and have only seen one with him in the 2nd. I'm sure there plenty though. With those numbers I wouldn't doubt someone getting after him early.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-26-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Just checked the most updated mock draft I could find first. I'm sure there are plenty. This one (from FOXsports.com) had him going in the 5th.

Edit: Another mock draft on Foxsports.com has him going 80th. Mid 3rd round but still 7 picks before our 3rd round pick. And one on nfl.com has him going early 3rd. So yeah he has definitely gone up a bit since last I checked. I've looked at 5 recent mocks and have only seen one with him in the 2nd. I'm sure there plenty though. With those numbers I wouldn't doubt someone getting after him early.
    Yeah it's prob gonna depend on whenever TEs start flying. A month or 2 ago he was def a top 10 guy, now I see he's making a lot of top 5 lists.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Edit: Another mock draft on Foxsports.com has him going 80th. Mid 3rd round but still 7 picks before our 3rd round pick. And one on nfl.com has him going early 3rd. So yeah he has definitely gone up a bit since last I checked. I've looked at 5 recent mocks
    Speak of the devil. Just saw the latest mock in star ledger and we are taking him at 55 lol.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...short_home_pop
    2017 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

Probably Christian McCaffrey. I think he could be a good player in the right system, but we have Perkins and need more of a bulldozer type.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

jabrill peppers