+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Speak of the devil. Just saw the latest mock in star ledger and we are taking him at 55 lol.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...short_home_pop
    That mock actually has a few WTF moments for me. haha. Not long til we find out!
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Reese has done a better job in very recent drafts of not doing this.

It seems like the GIANTS are back to a Philosophy of Football Player first, and then good measurables along with that, as opposed to Projects with good Measurables.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Probably Christian McCaffrey. I think he could be a good player in the right system, but we have Perkins and need more of a bulldozer type.
    Yea the right system being NE. Then he would terrorize the NFL for 10 years making every team wish they'd drafted him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Probably Christian McCaffrey. I think he could be a good player in the right system, but we have Perkins and need more of a bulldozer type.
    Seriously???? I like Perkins, but McCaffery is far more talented. And while getting a bruiser RB would be nice, it is not a necessity. This isnt the NFL of the 1990's. Matchup nightmares are key and thats what McCaffery is.

Veteran
    Probably some guy with a long African sounding name. For some reason or another we like taking those guys with hard to pronounce last names.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Adam Shaheen. a division II tight end. If we take him in the 2nd, I will most definitely say WTF.
    I like Shaheen. I think hed be worth it even though I like Hodges a bit more personally

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Speak of the devil. Just saw the latest mock in star ledger and we are taking him at 55 lol.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...short_home_pop
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    That mock actually has a few WTF moments for me. haha. Not long til we find out!
    *Meanwhile I'd be in the corner doing my happy dance by myself*

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Seriously???? I like Perkins, but McCaffery is far more talented. And while getting a bruiser RB would be nice, it is not a necessity. This isnt the NFL of the 1990's. Matchup nightmares are key and thats what McCaffery is.
    Eh. He will be good, but I dont see him much of an upgrade over Perkins. Im pretty high on Perkins and apparently lower than most on McCafferey. Like I said, I think he will be good, maybe great with a team like NE or NO, but not here. I just dont see him being utilized here right. I can see it now, Eli handing off to him 10-15 times in a shotgun formation for him to get hit in the backfield 90% of the time.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Way overpaid. But maybe seeing he knew he could not enter the bidding wars for the OTs that went for way more then they were worth he figured he'd get this guy to line up and block on one of the ends to maybe help protect the blindside. Still could of done it cheaper I'm.

Yep he always reaches for a guy that leaves even the Analysts scratching their heads saying he could of got them at the back end or even as an UDFA yet he takes them in round 3 or so.

Many times the pick leaves us sayin' "Who?" And scrambling to look the guy up, Lol

We can't really afford to have that happen as we need to hit on every pick this year
    lets let the kid get on the field and play..ellison that is. he hasnt caught one pass or threw one block,,lets wait to see before labeling him an overpay.

Veteran
    any of the overrated 1st round lineman prospects would be my WTF pick.