+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now that important part of the draft is done

Now that important part of the draft is done

We obviously are not in the market for a DT anymore .... so still sign Blount ... and maybe kick the tires on Clady or Pazstor and hope that this new line with fluker + 1 more free agent is an upgrade ... Any upgrade is an upgrade .... hopefully Fluker can be better than Newhouse/Hart and hopefully a pazstor/clady signing can takeover jerry and also be an upgrade ..... and if Flowers can take any step forward that is also an upgrade .... just got to give eli some time to find all these targets

yeah, we're not gonna get an upgrade to the o-line in the 4th round so FA i guess it is. Maybe somebody gets cut, maybe Clady has 1 more year left in him.

If nothing else, we still need to add to the OL for depth purposes.

I guess we have to sign Blount too. Sigh. Completely unexciting.

Other than that, the only positions we need to address are LB and CB depth.

Doubt we do any of the with our remaining picks though. Here come some guys that can help on special teams...

Veteran
    If we able to get Dorian Johnson (Pittsburgh ) he will (4th round) compete for a starting job.

Veteran
    Killa rich...check out Blair brown,,,LB ohio university. A shorter version of Zach cunningham with a very similar skill set...known as a lethal tackler.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthavephil View Post
    If we able to get Dorian Johnson (Pittsburgh ) he will (4th round) compete for a starting job.
    Thats why you dont reach..especially this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    Thats why you dont reach..especially this year.
    Drafting a qb round 3 is reaching .... Giants are in a 2-3 year win now window with Eli ...I know he MIGHT be his successor ... but we wasted a quality pick on a qb...when we could've gotten someone who could've improved the team this year and beyond to get that title

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    Drafting a qb round 3 is reaching .... Giants are in a 2-3 year win now window with Eli ...I know he MIGHT be his successor ... but we wasted a quality pick on a qb...when we could've gotten someone who could've improved the team this year and beyond to get that title
    3rd round is where Jerry has always rolled the dice.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

We obviously are not in the market for a DT anymore .... so still sign Blount ... and maybe kick the tires on Clady or Pazstor and hope that this new line with fluker + 1 more free agent is an upgrade ... Any upgrade is an upgrade .... hopefully Fluker can be better than Newhouse/Hart and hopefully a pazstor/clady signing can takeover jerry and also be an upgrade ..... and if Flowers can take any step forward that is also an upgrade .... just got to give eli some time to find all these targets
    There is talk that Brranden Albert of the Jags may be cut in a money dispute. The Jags now have Can Robinson. Not sure whether Albert would be an upgrade and he is 32.

Drafting any QB in the third is a reach?

Veteran

depth

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Alb View Post
    yeah, we're not gonna get an upgrade to the o-line in the 4th round so FA i guess it is. Maybe somebody gets cut, maybe Clady has 1 more year left in him.

If nothing else, we still need to add to the OL for depth purposes.

I guess we have to sign Blount too. Sigh. Completely unexciting.

Other than that, the only positions we need to address are LB and CB depth.

Doubt we do any of the with our remaining picks though. Here come some guys that can help on special teams...
    OL, LB, CB, and DE

+ Reply to Thread