+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Our division rivals all went defense for 3 straight rounds

Of course they each did this in part because of their team needs. But are they all getting scared of our offensive capabilities? Sure we see a couple of DL to attack our weak OL, but it's more so been CB heavy at this point.

G-Men already striking fear into the hearts of our rivals.

defensive draft cowboys lost 5 starters skins and eagles needed help a lot of defensive talent in this draft,wish the giants stuck there toe in the pass rush pool.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    defensive draft cowboys lost 5 starters skins and eagles needed help a lot of defensive talent in this draft,wish the giants stuck there toe in the pass rush pool.
    I strongly believe that the giants know they have a proven superbowl qb with a few good years left. So squeeze all the juice you can for him before we possibly fall into kent graham / dave brown / danny kanell years again.

Veteran
    Where did our O rank last year? As opposed to say.. the cowboys (who needed a lot of help on D) don't think it's us they're scared of.. especially when they know the whole 3 plays we run, better than anybody else
    Draft day dream:
    1. Garrett Bolles LT Utah
    2. Dalvin Tomlinson DT Alabama
    3. Jake Butt TE Michigan
    4. Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
    5. Jalen Myrick CB Minnesota
    6. Jayon Brown WLB UCLA
    7. Zane Gonzalez K Arizona

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Where did our O rank last year? As opposed to say.. the cowboys (who needed a lot of help on D) don't think it's us they're scared of.. especially when they know the whole 3 plays we run, better than anybody else
    but yet with those same 3 plays they ran they managed to beat one of the hottest teams in football not once, but twice,,,also shutting down zeke not once, but twice. you know you can always go root for another team, what an uneducated comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Last year does not matter. We scored 26 a game in 2015 and 19 last year. Things change drastically from year to year.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Last year does not matter. We scored 26 a game in 2015 and 19 last year. Things change drastically from year to year.
    Actually I think it was closer to 28.something cause I remember many comments saying their scoring dropped off 10 ppg.

Yes I doubt any if those teams were Drafting D in First three rounds due to the Giant's measly 19ppg and them hardly doing anything to change the time Eli gets to throw so far
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Actually I think it was closer to 28.something cause I remember many comments saying their scoring dropped off 10 ppg.

Yes I doubt any if those teams were Drafting D in First three rounds due to the Giant's measly 19ppg and them hardly doing anything to change the time Eli gets to throw so far
    26.25. They scored 420 points that year, good enough for 6th in the league. People don't think we can scored with this team, they are crazy. Last year was a perfect storm of crap. So much went wrong with the O it was disgusting and throw in a rookie HC and an OC that was fired after only two terrible years in TB. This will get straightened out.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Veteran
    Well that's a nice way to look at it. But this draft was loaded with defensive talent. Including S and CB there were 21 DB's drafted in 64 picks of the first 2 rds. But if we can protect Eli our passing game has the potential to be great, we'll probably throw the ball 40 times a game. But I thought last year our offense would be as good as it was the 2 previous years. The OL wasn't addressed in the draft and not sure Fluker was enough in FA. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    Well that's a nice way to look at it. But this draft was loaded with defensive talent. Including S and CB there were 21 DB's drafted in 64 picks of the first 2 rds. But if we can protect Eli our passing game has the potential to be great, we'll probably throw the ball 40 times a game. But I thought last year our offense would be as good as it was the 2 previous years. The OL wasn't addressed in the draft and not sure Fluker was enough in FA. So we'll see.
    This draft was not loaded in talent at all. It was stronger defensively than offensively, but most of the players drafted after the 3rd round would have gone undrafted in most years. Really ugly draft this year.