+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaun O'Hara: "Giants 3rd Round Pick of Webb A WASTE"

Veteran
    I absolutely agree with Sean O'Hara it's another Nassib mistake and worse cause we gave up a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th rounder. Eli is starting the next 2 years period. His contract goes thru 2019 that's 3 years. These are the minimum Eli is still here. Webb will sign for 4 years as the 3 rd round pick. He probably doesn't get on the field just like Nassib. We ruined his shot at a career now we can ruin Webb's as well.

There was nobody in the 3rd rd that could have helped our team by actually playing football and not sitting on the bench ?

Nassib has a shot at a career, just not in the NFL. He's a free agent now, but no one wants him. The Giants are not holding him back anymore. All those pedestrian subpar preseason performances can hurt his career as well.

The Giants got D in the draft. One of the worst drafts for the Giants.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Eli was his QB. Of course he is gonna back him up. I agree with him but OHara was also the guy that said the Colts should not have drafted Andrew Luck, so take his opinion with a grain of salt.
    Well he is right that they shouldn't have drafted Luck with the OL they have. He has surgery every year because of that putrid OL.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    We need to win now, but I also want to avoid going through the Dave brown Danny kennel years again. So 3rd round on a guy they think can be the future is ok in my book
    Don't forget the great Ken Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    I disagree. He has a point, but we got value in Webb. Every QB in this draft was considered "developmental." Webb has all the physical traits, and again, Philly and LA traded a king's ransom last year for Goff and Wentz, and basically traded a lot of their future to the Browns.

Look at the Brown's freaking haul irrespective of their poor season to garner their high status. KC, Houston, and Trubisky traded a lot...A LOT for similar prospects. We got him in the 3rd, and I would argue Bisnowaty is arguably just as raw as anyone we would've picked in the 3rd Round. We still have a strong team, and we can still get an Olineman from cuts/FA. I'd rather grab a QB ahead of time instead of hoping for a bad season and high pick slot matching with a good QB class or being forced to trade multiple picks and a second 1st Rounder to trade up for a QB. We traded a lot for Eli, but now moving up costs even more. Worth the risk in my opinion.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...ck-was-a-waste
    +1. I agree with all of your points.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    He said it out of frustration. Like all of us who can't believe Jerry took so long to pick a OLman after not doing anything last year. The result killed our offense.
    I'm still baffled by this. Maybe my philosophy needs to evolve with the game, but I still believe you win the game in the trenches. After last year, no matter what your philosophy is on the importance of the OL, I thought it was apparent we needed help.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I'm still baffled by this. Maybe my philosophy needs to evolve with the game, but I still believe you win the game in the trenches. After last year, no matter what your philosophy is on the importance of the OL, I thought it was apparent we needed help.
    Jerry is rolling with his picks Pugh, Flowers and Richberg no matter what. If all of those 3 were good, we wouldnt be in this position. Pugh is the best overall. Richberg doesnt have enough strength for a center. Flowers has terrible technique and gets blown past by speed rushers. Fluker is not playing RT, he is auditioning for RG. Even the Giants site has him listed as Guard. I think that means as of now Hart is the RT.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Jerry is rolling with his picks Pugh, Flowers and Richberg no matter what. If all of those 3 were good, we wouldnt be in this position. Pugh is the best overall. Richberg doesnt have enough strength for a center. Flowers has terrible technique and gets blown past by speed rushers.
    Pugh is excellent, Richburg was the #1 pass blocking C in the entire league. He is not great in the run game but not as bad as many make him out to be. Its the OTs that are the issue and its possible Fluker will help at RT.

+ Reply to Thread