+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NFC East Draft Results: How Did Your Team Fare?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    A little off topic but are you and other fans concerned about your oline? I know the fans did not like Free but I think Green may be worse and Collins is not on Leary's level yet. All of the Giants know how one weak piece can screw up the entire line. I'm not sure the Cowboys line will be dominate this year; still really good but not overly dominate.
    I think that line will still be good​ enough seeing the guys on their​ bench were better then most of our starters
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

As for my team, Trent Williams is a stud at LT, and they signed Morgan Moses to a multi-year extension at RT. They also have a good backup swing tackle in Ty Nsekhe. Brandon Scherff is strong at RG, Center is fine, but needs depth and LG will have competition. That, plus Callahan as O-Line coach - I'm not worried about that unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsLifer View Post
    As for my team, Trent Williams is a stud at LT, and they signed Morgan Moses to a multi-year extension at RT. They also have a good backup swing tackle in Ty Nsekhe. Brandon Scherff is strong at RG, Center is fine, but needs depth and LG will have competition. That, plus Callahan as O-Line coach - I'm not worried about that unit.
    Our team has a backup center they don't use much, care to trade for one of yours on that unit?

A little off topic but are you and other fans concerned about your oline? I know the fans did not like Free but I think Green may be worse and Collins is not on Leary's level yet. All of the Giants know how one weak piece can screw up the entire line. I'm not sure the Cowboys line will be dominate this year; still really good but not overly dominate.
    Thereís always concern with change, but until I see something I donít like itís hard to get too worried about them.

Green was a better player than Free last year. During the pre-season, he looked terrible because of his terrible conditioning, but that was a byproduct of his biggest problemódurability. He likely wonít make it through the season without missing time.

We still donít really know how the OL is going to shape up. Theyíve got Collins, Green, Byron Bell, and Jonathan Cooper to fill LG and RT. Collins and Bell can play both positions, so there are a lot of different combinations to considerÖ and thatís not even considering that Martin can play tackle, too.

Iíd be willing to bet, though that it ends up being Tyron-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Bell. Health permitting, I feel pretty good about that combo.

^ Funny how some of our fans defend the difficulty of building a cohesive O-line, and state how so many other teams have the same or worse issue - yet the other teams in our division seem all set, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    There’s always concern with change, but until I see something I don’t like it’s hard to get too worried about them.

Green was a better player than Free last year. During the pre-season, he looked terrible because of his terrible conditioning, but that was a byproduct of his biggest problem—durability. He likely won’t make it through the season without missing time.

We still don’t really know how the OL is going to shape up. They’ve got Collins, Green, Byron Bell, and Jonathan Cooper to fill LG and RT. Collins and Bell can play both positions, so there are a lot of different combinations to consider… and that’s not even considering that Martin can play tackle, too.

I’d be willing to bet, though that it ends up being Tyron-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Bell. Health permitting, I feel pretty good about that combo.
    gotcha

gotcha
    Aaaaand I'm already wrong, haha.

Collins is getting work at RT.

Not a big fan of that move, but we'll see.

Even if the combo sucks it would be kind of fun to say 5 first round talents on the OL if Cooper takes LG.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 05-09-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Aaaaand I'm already wrong, haha.

Collins is getting work at RT.

Not a big fan of that move, but we'll see.

Even if the combo sucks it would be kind of fun to say 5 first round talents on the OL if Cooper takes LG.
    Lol

Messing w the line like that could be troublesome but guess we'll find out soon enough

Lol

Messing w the line like that could be troublesome but guess we'll find out soon enough
    The O-line is the least of my worries, they/it will be fine . In fact I think the whole offense will be at least as good as last year. Free was a beast in the run blocking game but then that is La'el Collins strength too. Green filled in well for Smith last year for 2 games and as mentioned above the issue with him is not talent but staying healthy.

A super young secondary will be the Cows weakness.

+ Reply to Thread