+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Is Ereck Flowers or other Olineman on our team simply way too Fat?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/2...e-tackle-miami

Fat = bad technique

what say you guys?!

"Understand that I'm not trying to "fat shame" Mr. Flowers. It's just that in my experience, there is a direct correlation between offensive linemen who have weight issues and guys with technique that consistently flounder. "

"That's why its so important to find out if Flowers had any major weight issues while at Miami. If his weight was stable or at least under control the majority of the time, I'd feel better as a decision maker betting on his ability to correct his poor pad level problem. I don't think I would have a problem picking him in the first round if that were the case.

If he did have weight issues, however, he might fall out of the first round altogether for me. Just a little too risky for my blood. I've seen too many guys kill their careers with a fork to act like its not a legitimate concern."
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-30-2017 at 09:53 AM.

The report also is of the opinion that Flowers would be great at the guard position.

He is the same age as the O Lineman we just Drafted. He is still young and has 2 years experience in the NFL. Not 2 good years but 2 years to look at what he has been doing wrong and can adjust and fix. He still has a chance to be a good player at only 23
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    He is the same age as the O Lineman we just Drafted. He is still young and has 2 years experience in the NFL. Not 2 good years but 2 years to look at what he has been doing wrong and can adjust and fix. He still has a chance to be a good player at only 23
    right...but does he just simply need Jenny Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    right...but does he just simply need Jenny Craig?
    Could very well be. I hope he works his butt off all of OTA, Mini Camp and Training Camp and comes in a Different player
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Anyone who says fat=bad technique doesn't know much about a lot of Oline technique
    Draft day dream:
    1. Garrett Bolles LT Utah
    2. Dalvin Tomlinson DT Alabama
    3. Jake Butt TE Michigan
    4. Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
    5. Jalen Myrick CB Minnesota
    6. Jayon Brown WLB UCLA
    7. Zane Gonzalez K Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Anyone who says fat=bad technique doesn't know much about a lot of Oline technique
    well the guy is apparently scouting...so is he not a scout?

BTW i agree with him...watching ereck flowers college tape...he did great out in space when called upon to pull or make second level blocks...he looked like he would do better as a guard...so i know nothing of scouting OL, and i have no offcial training, othr than playing gueard in HS a little bit...., but i have 2 eyes and can see him getting into good position at the second level and making good blocks...just saying...you read all kinds of things from all kinds of folks that are know it alls but what do your own eyes tell you? point being his analysis seemed pretty spot on to me.... he said hes seen it a lot guys with the fork problem not making it.... so.......maybe he is on to something

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    The retired player who wrote the analysis played 7 years in the NFL against OT's. Did you?

Everywhere Oline Coach Mike Solari has gone, he has transformed the O lines he has acquired. We were not good last year in his first year. It takes time. I expect a better result this year for the Oline. Solari has a track record and a long list of Pro bowlers and Hofers on his resume. If Flowers is too fat or any other issues with other players, I expect Solari to have some serious input by now on the situation. I expect or at least hope they would seek Solari's opinion on who to sign or who to draft. He has not panicked since he has been here so I imagine he understands what he is working with. I think we might be in for a shock at how good the Offense could be this year. Solari wants to run the damn ball without a doubt. He may have said "get me that blocking Minnesota TE for starters". He might have said "Go get "Fluker, I could work with him". After cringing and agonizing last year, I still gotta say I still trust Solari and expect a difference this year.