+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Mr. Reese -- explain this to me

    Mr. Reese:

    I can't take issue with any one pick -- but what in the world do you intend to do on the Offensive Line this year?

    Simply put, if we can't run, we can't pass -- the defenses are too smart. More Eli 2 second dump offs as he is scared for his life.

    Who is your left tackle? If you say Flowers, you're really being optimistic with no apparent basis in fact.

    So? Please explain

  2. #2
    Veteran TEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Mr. Reese:

    I can't take issue with any one pick -- but what in the world do you intend to do on the Offensive Line this year?

    Simply put, if we can't run, we can't pass -- the defenses are too smart. More Eli 2 second dump offs as he is scared for his life.

    Who is your left tackle? If you say Flowers, you're really being optimistic with no apparent basis in fact.

    So? Please explain
    If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response from him

  3. #3
    The team is committed to Flowers for just his 3rd season from being drafted at No. 9. When a team drafts that high for a player, they are committed for the first few years at least, reach or no reach.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    The team is committed to Flowers for just his 3rd season from being drafted at No. 9. When a team drafts that high for a player, they are committed for the first few years at least, reach or no reach.
    He is only 23. Still time to become a good Lineman
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    He is only 23. Still time to become a good Lineman
    I agree. The Giants are not going to give up on Flowers just like that, no matter how bad he was last year. Good teams don't normally give up on a top 10 draft pick after just 2 seasons with no arrest or misconduct issues.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 04-30-2017 at 03:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Allentown, Pa
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Mr. Reese:

    I can't take issue with any one pick -- but what in the world do you intend to do on the Offensive Line this year?

    Simply put, if we can't run, we can't pass -- the defenses are too smart. More Eli 2 second dump offs as he is scared for his life.

    Who is your left tackle? If you say Flowers, you're really being optimistic with no apparent basis in fact.

    So? Please explain
    I'll explain it to you,,,this years OL class was one of the worst in history..so bad that it was the 1st time in 20 years an Olineman was not taken in the top 20. The kid they drafted in the 6th could turn out to be as good as any of the guys picked in the previous rounds by other teams,,,they brought in fluker and ellison, and there will be june 1st cuts and cuts right down to the start of the season. The Oline will be just fine.

    explain this to me,,,,using your one sided logic how did this team go 11-5 and make the playoffs,,it wasn't the Oline that lost that wild card game to green bay.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Allentown, Pa
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    The team is committed to Flowers for just his 3rd season from being drafted at No. 9. When a team drafts that high for a player, they are committed for the first few years at least, reach or no reach.

    plus flowers could have come out of college this year,,so yes, people need to pump the breaks.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Mr. Reese:

    I can't take issue with any one pick -- but what in the world do you intend to do on the Offensive Line this year?

    Simply put, if we can't run, we can't pass -- the defenses are too smart. More Eli 2 second dump offs as he is scared for his life.

    Who is your left tackle? If you say Flowers, you're really being optimistic with no apparent basis in fact.

    So? Please explain
    Flowers, Pugh, Richburg, Jerry, Fluker.

    That's his answer. It WILL be better than 2016.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Mr. Reese:

    I can't take issue with any one pick -- but what in the world do you intend to do on the Offensive Line this year?

    Simply put, if we can't run, we can't pass -- the defenses are too smart. More Eli 2 second dump offs as he is scared for his life.

    Who is your left tackle? If you say Flowers, you're really being optimistic with no apparent basis in fact.

    So? Please explain
    Huh? simple I get paid and you do not.

  10. #10
    Veteran jimmie ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response from him
    Sounds like poor ol' Mick ain't gonna get no satisfaction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts