+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Good News for 2018 Draft

There's probably an 85% chance imo we go OL or LB in the first. We really don't have any other holes. I could see us going CB, WR, or DE if someone drops, but I don't think there's that great of a chance of that occurring.

Also, the OL class looks like it could be real good. Still early though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
    There's probably an 85% chance imo we go OL or LB in the first. We really don't have any other holes. I could see us going CB, WR, or DE if someone drops, but I don't think there's that great of a chance of that occurring.

With the 32nd pick we might get the 3rd highest rated LB, not too bad. I was thinking this same thing, not many other holes. This is especially true when you consider that Pugh, Richburg and Fluker 3 starting OL and Casillas, Robinson and Kennard 3 "starting" LBs are all free agents. OL and LB will be huge holes, but luckily our only holes. RB is in 3rd for needs with Vereen, Draughn and Darkwa being FAs.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Obviously things change between now and next years draft, but Matt Miller tweeted yesterday that as of now next years draft looks strong at OT, LB and QB. 3 positions Giants could use help at.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    Obviously things change between now and next years draft, but Matt Miller tweeted yesterday that as of now next years draft looks strong at OT, LB and QB. 3 positions Giants could use help at.
    Yeah in his Qst way too early 2018 mock draft he had 7 offensive lineman (5 tackles I think) and 7 linebackers (including EDGE guys who could slot into the SAM spot).

Obviously things will change, but this is good news nonetheless.

Veteran
    We will stay true to our Board.
    No matter what the position.

Veteran

too early for this,,they are still not done *****ing about this years Oline.

We may have holes, doesn't mean that's what Reese will draft.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

We will need LB and OL. We also need to replace DRC. Would have loved to draft Garreon Conley to pair with Eli Apple.

I dont know, Reese would have blown his wad for Fournette this year. Imagine what he would do for Saquon Barkley or Bo Scarborough next year...
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Last time we've drafted a LB in the 1st round was 1984. Every couple of years I feel like: "This is going to be the year we break that streak!" and we never do it. I'm now convinced that as long as Jerry Reese is our GM, it is never happening. Maybe it isn't a bad thing. The NFL is changing, the LB position is not valued as highly anymore. There's so many packages that teams use on defense where only 1 LB is being used. The rest are made up of safeties and cornerbacks.

Here's two good (short) reads:
    http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/20...y-did-in-past/
    and
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/1/13...ard-bj-goodson

If I see JR at a LB pro day I'm now assuming it is a smokescreen from this point on until proven wrong.
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 05-02-2017 at 05:53 PM.