+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gmen UDFA USC OT Chad Wheeler = NFLdraftscout Top10 UDFA

Here is what CBS Nfl + NFL Draft Scout says about Chad who is their #10 UDFA

"10. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC
    With 45 starts at left tackle, Wheeler has an impressive collegiate résumé, including First Team All-Pac 12 honors as a senior, but his checkered medical and off-field history are both red flags. Overall, Wheeler has the natural athleticism and talent to compete for starting reps in the NFL, which will also depend on his reliability."

Wheeler had a 4th Round grade, higher than our 5th Round pick Bisnowaty, who had a possible 4th-5th Round status, so it's like getting another 4th rounder for us, which is great since our 4th was dropped as a punishment, and we traded our 7th to move up to get Bisnowaty, They're considered "raw and developmental projects" but they have the tools and traits, which is all that matters. They're more than just "bodies to add." They have real chances to become starters or at least backups.

Both are similar to the Packers Bakhtiari who was considered raw coming out of Colorado IIRC, and was a 4th Round pick, but injuries forced him into starting at LT his rookie year. Bakhktiari has the size and strength but isn't athletic or "freakish"-he uses technique and smarts. Wheeler is the more athletic while Bisnowaty is the more gritty and tougher one. We have a good coaching staff, a good track record with UDFA and I like gritty guys with chips on their shoulders. I think they could develop quickly ad push Flowers and Hart for reps or light a fire under their bums. IN recent years there have been as many busts and booms. Greg Robinson hasn't been as good as advertised. Fluker was drafted ahead of Pugh. So was Joekel who was supposed to be "can't miss" but has been anything but. So we didn't get the sexiest Oline draft picks, but we got more than people are thinking.

Veteran
    this is why fans shouldn't get all up in arms about the draft and FA,,,this stuff will work itself out.

When was the last time the giants developed a late round olineman?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    To be fair, none of them has as much talent as Wheeler does. He can play, injuries have been his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    To be fair, none of them has as much talent as Wheeler does. He can play, injuries have been his issue.
    Also could of found a gem in Dunker

Most Don't realize that two of the members of the Dallas All Pro O Line were originally UDFAs
    Last edited by miked1958; 05-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Diehl, Seubert

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Diehl, Seubert
    Rosenthal

LOVE this UDFA, between him, Jones, and Jadar Johnson, I'm liking our UDFA as much as our drsft class
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    LOVE this UDFA, between him, Jones, and Jadar Johnson, I'm liking our UDFA as much as our drsft class
    especially Jones. could develop into being better than thomlinson. Like you said looks like a high first rounder on film sometimes. good stuff. just wish we woulda been saying that about a corner back lol

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Also could of found a gem in Dunker

Most Don't realize that two of the members of the Dallas All Pro O Line were originally UDFAs
    Agree with Dunker. He was like the 6th Top Rated Guard by Kiper and other analysts. So with our draft haul and UDFAs, I feel we pulled in a lot of talent and filled most of our most glaring holes. While I still think we need an athletic linebacker who can cover and blitz Kennan Robinson played reeally well for us. Most importantly, between Bisnowaty, Wheeler and Dunker, we have depth, youth and competition on the Oline. While Bisnowaty and Wheeler arent the most atheltic Olineman, they have high motors and nasty streaks which I think has been missing on this line. Both could really push to start at right tackle. Also, something completely over looked on the Oline-continuity. These guys have another year together which should hep with cohesion. I expect the Oline play to improve immensely. All of the prospects arent scrubs-they were all considered 3rd to 4th rounders. Ill take a hustling football player any day over a combine workout warrior and atheletic freak. Football players usually pan out while "freaks" might test out well but often fizzle out in the pros.