+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What FAs do you thinkt the team should target from here?

With the draft over now comes the time where teams fill out the last spots of their rosters with the remaining vet FAs.

Here is a list of remaining FAs http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

Who do you think the team should target? Blount certainly looks like a possibility. But who else?

Here's who I like:

OT Ryan Clady: He's got a bad injury history, but he could at least compete against Flowers for the LT spot and push him. The ideal being that Flowers wins the job and Clady becomes the swing tackle. He's really one of the few options left that could realistically push Flowers.

OG: Garrett Reynolds: Another option to compete inside at OG, he's played as a spot starter for DET.

DT: Sen'Derrick Marks: Will likely become a starter somewhere else but provides the team with an excellent DT rotation. Let him, Tomlinson, Bromley and Thomas battle it out for the right to start. Provides protection in case of injury during the pre-season.

CB: Leon Hall: He's old but knows the system, played solidly last year and can be an emergency safety.

CB: Trevin Wade: I know people like to bash him on here, but he does fit in as a 5th CB and can play STs.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I'd also consider bringing Will Johnson back as well if he's healthy. Right now their TEs are Engram, Ellison, Adams, Tye and LaCosse. They're likely to keep 4 TEs since they use a TE as their FB anyway. Having Johnson would provide some protection in case Ellison gets hurt and would add more punch to heir jumbo sets.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

There are 3 guys I would look into:

LB - Gerald Hodges - No clue why he isnt signed.

OL - Austin Pasztor - At the very least, he is quality depth at RT and both OG spots.

CB - LeOdis McKelvin - As a 4th CB, you could do a lot worse. He can play both outside and inside.

T. Wade isn't worth a water boys spot.......

Pazstor or Clady.... anyone to start over Jerry

QB Jerod Evans
    RB LaGarrette Blount
    OG/RT Austin Pasztor
    LB Gerald Hodges
    CB Brandon Boykin or Alterraun Verner

Upgrade/depth on the OL, CB depth and a good LB. Blounts a TD machine too, we would be set

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    With the draft over now comes the time where teams fill out the last spots of their rosters with the remaining vet FAs.

Here is a list of remaining FAs http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

Who do you think the team should target? Blount certainly looks like a possibility. But who else?

Here's who I like:

OT Ryan Clady: He's got a bad injury history, but he could at least compete against Flowers for the LT spot and push him. The ideal being that Flowers wins the job and Clady becomes the swing tackle. He's really one of the few options left that could realistically push Flowers.

OG: Garrett Reynolds: Another option to compete inside at OG, he's played as a spot starter for DET.

DT: Sen'Derrick Marks: Will likely become a starter somewhere else but provides the team with an excellent DT rotation. Let him, Tomlinson, Bromley and Thomas battle it out for the right to start. Provides protection in case of injury during the pre-season.

CB: Leon Hall: He's old but knows the system, played solidly last year and can be an emergency safety.

CB: Trevin Wade: I know people like to bash him on here, but he does fit in as a 5th CB and can play STs.
    Based on statements from the coach and GM, Flowers will be the LT and will not face competition for the starting role. By that I mean, he is in no danger of losing his job

No OL

Stop, STOP with this OL obssession

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    No OL

We need another OL. John Jerry can't run block.

OL

OL

OL

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    No OL

Every ol. Every single one
    Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.