+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It says that they didn't find anything, so the problem could still be with people's devices.
    That many people, getting the same ad, on the same website and you are saying that each of these people had their own individual devise issues that resulted in getting the same ad on this website during the same time period and they have never had the issue before.....Dang, that is one hell of a coincidense.

It says that they didn't find anything, so the problem could still be with people's devices.
    I'm inclined to believe that that's exactly what it is. Not a single one of my three devices has shown any kind of strange or unwanted pop ups or anything inappropriate when I've been using these boards, or at any other time. Chances are good that those people are infected with some kind of Trojan horse or some other virus.
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that that's exactly what it is. Not a single one of my three devices has shown any kind of strange or unwanted pop ups or anything inappropriate when I've been using these boards, or at any other time. Chances are good that those people are infected with some kind of Trojan horse or some other virus.
    That's not believable IMO, considering that people from all over the country were having the same exact issue. I was on here last week from my laptop, a government computer, and my friend's desktop when that stuff went down.

The background on TAGF pages still links to Draft Kings... Can this be removed?
    It is paid advertising and is clearly way above their pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    That many people, getting the same ad, on the same website and you are saying that each of these people had their own individual devise issues that resulted in getting the same ad on this website during the same time period and they have never had the issue before.....Dang, that is one hell of a coincidense.
    Do we know what "that many" actually is?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The background on TAGF pages still links to Draft Kings... Can this be removed?
    If you want to pay the advertising $$$ that the boards make from them then step up! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do we know what "that many" actually is?
    It seemed like quite a bit. And considering that probably only a percentage of the problematic users actually spoke up about it.. I think a lot of people view this site without posting a lot..

Plus considering that draft Kings and the advertised website likely share a similar target demographic.. I would say far too many users were affected for this to be written off as solely a coincidence.

That doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with the site itself though... So I wonder what else it could be?

Damnit, everytime I try to get on br***ers it sends me to some damned football message board
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    That's not believable IMO, considering that people from all over the country were having the same exact issue. I was on here last week from my laptop, a government computer, and my friend's desktop when that stuff went down.
    Not only that, but it only happened when using this one specific site and not any others. If it were a trojan or some other malware, one would expect that it would have happened when visiting pages other than just the boards. I mean, do we really expect that a Cowboys, Washington, or Eagles fan would be smart enough at coding to embed a TH somewhere on the internet that would only affect the victim while visiting the Giants message boards?

FWIW, SG, it happened to me, as well, when I was using GFE that has never visited anything untoward on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    If it were a board issue, everyone would have been affected in some way. That wasn't the case

I can't even begin to tell you how many people don't keep their devices properly updated and protected. I obviously can't say for sure if I'm correct, but from years of IT experience and troubleshooting, it sounds like something other than the boards
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka