+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    you're telling half the story, he then also went on to say Eli's character is top notch and that he believes him.

Wow. No reason for this to be in entertainment section. This is real news

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    you're telling half the story, he then also went on to say Eli's character is top notch and that he believes him.
    Yes pretty much same conclusion we came to in the other thread on this before the boards went down
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I told the part of the story pertinent to my title. He threw him under the bus then tried to back track IMO. You gonna call me a D bag, then say I'm a stand up guy. If he's that much of a stand up guy, he should have kept his trap shut.

The Tiki comparison makes no sense. Tiki repeatedly bad-mouthed Eli during and after his playing days, which is one of the reasons why he's on the outs with the Giants.

Meanwhile, Cruz praised Eli's character while making it clear that Eli needs to explain what the e-mail was about since this thing isn't just going to blow over. How is that Cruz throwing Eli under the bus when this memorabilia issue is heading to court? It's not like Cruz said Eli is definitely guilty.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    The Tiki comparison makes no sense. Tiki repeatedly bad-mouthed Eli during and after his playing days, which is one of the reasons why he's on the outs with the Giants.

Meanwhile, Cruz praised Eli's character while making it clear that Eli needs to explain what the e-mail was about since this thing isn't just going to blow over. How is that Cruz throwing Eli under the bus when this memorabilia issue is heading to court? It's not like Cruz said Eli is definitely guilty.
    Tiki has given Eli plenty of praise...Stop it.

Show me ONE NYG player in the media that has not been critical of the Giants when they needed to be? Guys are supposed to be cordial when the team was sucking?

not in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Tiki has given Eli plenty of praise...Stop it.

Show me ONE NYG player in the media that has not been critical of the Giants when they needed to be? Guys are supposed to be cordial when the team was sucking?

not in NYC
    Where's the 'plenty of praise' that Tiki has given Eli over the years? Pretending that Tiki didn't repeatedly blast Eli during and after his playing days doesn't mean it didn't happen. Like I said, there's a reason why Tiki is on the outs with the Giants and that reason is Tiki's mouth.

And there's a difference between players being critical of the team and a player throwing his QB and HC under the bus every chance he could get. Strahan and Carl Banks have been critical of the Giants as analysts when they needed to be, but they didn't openly bash specific coaches and players the way Tiki has. And trying to compare Cruz's comments to the numerous times Tiki put his foot in his mouth isn't going to someone exonerate Tiki.
    One of these teams is not like the others

^^ You show me evidence of all the times Tiki threw Eli under the bus....

Saying someone is not a good leader will not get them

1. Sued

2. Jailed

3. Suspended

Tiki's comments didn't do anything but motivate Eli.......Mission accomplished

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

Tiki spoke very highly of Eli here....and his comments about Eli not being a fiery leader are still true and accurate.......Tiki was proven right when I saw how Drew Brees Handled Jeremy Shockey, who Eli seemed scared to death of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    ^^ You show me evidence of all the times Tiki threw Eli under the bus....

Saying someone is not a good leader will not get them

1. Sued

2. Jailed

3. Suspended

Tiki's comments didn't do anything but motivate Eli.......Mission accomplished

While I agree with you the Barber hatred here is ridiculous, there's no need to match it by making stuff up.

Barber was just being Barber, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong way. It didn't motivate Manning, it had no effect on Manning at all. As usual and unfortunately for Barber, he was the only one affected by the comments.

And the Shockey example is embarrassing. One needn't be fiery to lead and Manning's approach to Shockey was just as effective. Most adults can effectively ignore noisy children.