+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    yes.
    I would agree if we had a battle tested all pro line like Dallas has had past few years. But with the inconsistency surrounding this O Line I think most on here would disagree with you and feel more comfortable to have a Vet on the roster to get those tough yards down near goal line or on 3rd & 4th and short.

Would​ you rather have Perkins or a rookie like Gallman who have little experience and go about 210 running it for you in those situations or someone that has done it over and over who had 18 TDs last year that goes 245 by contrast??
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I would agree if we had a battle tested all pro line like Dallas has had past few years. But with the inconsistency surrounding this O Line I think most on here would disagree with you and feel more comfortable to have a Vet on the roster to get those tough yards down near goal line or on 3rd & 4th and short.

Would​ you rather have Perkins or a rookie like Gallman who have little experience and go about 210 running it for you in those situations or someone that has done it over and over who had 18 TDs last year that goes 245 by contrast??
    What are the numbers 210 and 245 in reference to?

hey mike, i hear ya. i wanted to draft (or UDFA) a home run hitting RB, personally. Darkwa and rainey, have issues but both are better runners than jennings was last year. folks keep acting like we have money to spend on FA, but the FO already blew the wad, and yeah things can be maneuvered, but at what cost? we have our own FAs to sign coming very soon. i think the NYG will most likely make due with what they have. mike gillisee? was signed by the pats from buffalo..they didn't even try for him. just don't see the FO overspending for blount or any other vet. once cuts are made, they may pick up a bargain guy.. they got draughn who also can be used in a pinch. no doubt RB is weak depth position.though as you stated. i'm hoping one of the UDFA that went elsewhere like breida(who i think was signed UDFA by san fran) becomes available after teams make their final roster cuts. patience is the name of the game methinks

2 cents

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colle...l-with/2322231
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 05-11-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Didn't seem to hinder Perkins. Blont would be fine in our system!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    Didn't seem to hinder Perkins. Blont would be fine in our system!
    becasue perkins makes the first guy miss. crucial to the system.

I think this tender does not cost us a pick, but would net one for the Pats. Thats just what I heard. Either way, I dont want Blount. Never did.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I think this tender does not cost us a pick, but would net one for the Pats. Thats just what I heard. Either way, I dont want Blount. Never did.
    This tender isn't an offer made to Blount. It just allows him to continue counting towards their future compensatory picks and against any team that signs him. That could very well be a reason why teams had been holding out on signing him. Teams like Baltimore wait for these deadlines to end to make depth moves, because they like to avoid signings counting against them whenever possible, and I could see this taking them out of the market if they were in fact interested in him.

The "tender offer" has been used so infrequently that an NFL source could not recall the last time it was used.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppy View Post
    becasue perkins makes the first guy miss. crucial to the system.
    And Blont has Jacobs or Bradshaw type power he is a power back what holes our O-line doesn't make for Blont he will make for himself, it really comes down to talent level last year Perkins was a really good talented back, the rest of or RB's stunk that is the bottom line here.

we are a win now team we have to do anything to improve our team getting Blont greatly improves our team, our running game. A lot of people in the media are saying we are favorites to win the NFC East my philosophy is once you make the playoffs anything is possible, its really a crapshoot whoever gets hot at the right time its not like our last two super bowls we were the best on paper...
    Last edited by Donnie Yen; 05-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    Why do we want Blount? We have like 6 RBs on our roster right now. If I were to predict the chance that the Giants get Blount I'd put it at 1%.
    Because none of them has Blount's skill when it comes to putting the ball on the ground