+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolando McClain Busted for Weed and Weapons in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    I got to hand it to Jerry Jones, he knows how to pick fantastic O-linemen and a suspendable Defense.
    DId pretty good with his QB and RB too although the Zeke was a given. All teams struggle with player suspensions and Dallas is just in the middle of the pack statistically. I think things are turning around with Will McClay having more power with personnel.

Yeah heís done in Dallas, and has been for quite some time.

They re-signed him for 2016 on a 1yr deal that expires soon. I canít find the reasoning and Iím not a capologist to explain why he wasnít cut earlier, but essentially it had something to do with the cap.

For all intents and purposes heís not a Cowboy.

what a waste of talent and common sense

You give young men with too little sense and too much money...the story's been repeated many times over.

I know all teams have off the field issues like this with some of their players. It seems though that Dallas is among the teams that have more than their own fair share of issues. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
    DId pretty good with his QB and RB too although the Zeke was a given. All teams struggle with player suspensions and Dallas is just in the middle of the pack statistically. I think things are turning around with Will McClay having more power with personnel.
    Zeke, I can agree he looks like he could have a good career. His biggest problem is; he has some maturity issues to workout. Dak is still up in the air if he is a viable replacement for TR. This year will be telling for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    You give young men with too little sense and too much money...the story's been repeated many times over.
    Yea Dallas is not the only team to deal with guys having off field issues with drugs or DV keeping them from having great careers. Sometimes these kids just can't break the bad habits they learned from where they grew up.

Giant's are no different with Will Hill a multiple offender before they got rid of him and who can forget our wife beating kicker who the team gave a vote of confidence before it blew up in their faces
    Last edited by miked1958; 05-19-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Geez ... let's see here

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    I know all teams have off the field issues like this with some of their players. It seems though that Dallas is among the teams that have more than their own fair share of issues. Why is that?
    I answered that above and the answer is that they don't have more than their "fair share".

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/u...ests.html?_r=0

The above website lists arrests on teams year 2000-2014. Oh my ... once you read these somewhat old stats but the latest compilation I can find I found ***GASP*** the NYG and Dallas have an equal number of player arrests. Both way below the league average but if you must ask about Dallas I must ask about New York . . . Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yea Dallas is not the only team to deal with guys having off field issues with drugs or DV keeping them from having great careers. Sometimes these kids just can't break the bad habits they learned from where they grew up.

Giant's are no different with Will Hill a multiple offender before they got rid of him and who can forget our wife beating kicker who the team gave a vote of confidence before it blew up in their faces
    At least there's someone here who can see without their world being tinted by Big Blue lens.

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    It certainly may SEEM that way, but that's likely related to excessive media coverage.

Currently you have Randy Gregory with weed, Jourdan Lewis with a pending he-said-she-said DV case, and that's really about it unless you want to lump in Zeke.

Now that may be more than the average team, I'm not really sure. And that would be because Dallas is fully fine with taking risky players if the reward is there.

McClain in particular was a super low risk that, despite being suspended a lot, was worth it. We traded a 6th rounder to Baltimore in exchange for McClain and a 7th, and he balled out in 2014 and helped us to a 12-4 record. Specifically making key plays closing out games @SEA and @NYG.

+ Reply to Thread