+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

OL Orlando Franklin released by the LA Chargers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lando-franklin

I know everyone is interested in bringing in linemen, so I figured I'd throw this out there. He was much better in Denver than he was for the Chargers. I think he had a high ankle sprain, but really didn't perform well in general. I'm trying to remember schemes specifically, but I do believe they were running more of a gap scheme in Denver, and he went to a zone scheme in San Diego. Also I believe he did more right tackle in Denver and left guard for the Chargers. I never thought of him much as a zone blocker. He's really better as a pulling guard. I think his market might be a bit rich, but if I'm wrong about that and he's fighting for primary backup work, he would probably be worth bringing in, health permitting.

Veteran
    He sucks and he had a spat with Fluker after Fluker left
    Draft day dream:
    1. Garrett Bolles LT Utah
    2. Dalvin Tomlinson DT Alabama
    3. Jake Butt TE Michigan
    4. Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
    5. Jalen Myrick CB Minnesota
    6. Jayon Brown WLB UCLA
    7. Zane Gonzalez K Arizona

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    He sucks and he had a spat with Fluker after Fluker left
    I did address that there may be more to it than just "he sucks", We're a little late in free agency to get a better opportunity than a still relatively young underperforming lineman that's a bad scheme fit and a few injuries removed from being one of the better guards in the league. That's only if you don't think the answers are on this team already though. If you think we're set, then that's fine also.

I tried to Google whatever you're talking about with this DJ Fluker-Orlando Franklin spat, but I couldn't find anything so you'll have to link me.

He's trash

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    He's trash

Shut up

Him and Fluker do not like each other so I doubt he is on our radar. He was very good in Denver but awful in SD. Plus, we have enough RG/RT types. I doubt we have any interest