+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PFF Ranks Eli 3rd Best QB from 2004 Draft Class......

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    people like to fight the power.

as a JR homer, i completely endorse it.
    Imgrate
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    I am very neutral when it comes to PFF. CGY I don't think that is what their pressure stat is. Pass Rush Productivity calculates a score to reflect the frequency of pressure generated by a defender. To get this they count sacks, hits and hurries which are all weighted (sacks worth more). Now sacks and hits are very easy to count IMO. When it comes to hurries things get much more iffy. You do not have to move the QB off his spot to get credited with a hurry, you just have to make him throw it faster than he wanted to. Some times I imagine this is easy to judge, others it is down right impossible. My other problem with there PRP stat is that it's weighted against the number of snaps a player gets on pass rush plays, which essentially penalizes a player like Vernon that took the majority of his teams snaps. Being on the field is a major factor in contributing to your teams success.
    Thank you for confirming what I think some PFF subscribers don't want to admit. Their data is flawed - not all, but some. And that's why so many people don't take them seriously.

I've heard too many NFL players - retired and active - who openly discredit them for rating things they do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Who the hell watches football just for the damn numbers? Its beyond insane

Its a GAME, folks. Its supposed to entertain you, and turning it into a personal homework assignment, and then bringing your homework here, is going to create problems for you. Thats all there is to it

98% of these boards dont care about PFF or their formulas, and why? Because they see the game of football as entertainment, not a homework assignment
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jay051 View Post
    I know that but I still find it comical that PFF ranked Eli that low in 2014 and 2015 but that's their opinion. At the end of the day most of us will still pick and choose what we like and hate from PFF.
    I like it mostly because it's something to joke about.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Thank you for confirming what I think some PFF subscribers don't want to admit. Their data is flawed - not all, but some. And that's why so many people don't take them seriously.

I've heard too many NFL players - retired and active - who openly discredit them for rating things they do not know.
    problem is no one has any idea what their "data" is. At best they give a general overview of what is taken into consideration, not the specifics. Let's say they by some miracle are able to get all the key metrics right. The other problem is that i doubt they have the $$$ to afford even one high quality professional quant to come up with all these formulas. Those guys aren't cheap. Plus any quant worth his salt would be on Wall St not some hack job company for sports.

What some may find interesting (but not me) is that several Eli "supporters" use PFF as proof of just how bad the Oline is yet they don't acknowledge Eli's ratings.
    lol, It's an ironing alert!

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Your patience with the responses you are getting is admirable.

Please.

You sir are now to be labeled an ignorant hater forever and ever amen.

Plus you are going to make some posters cry. I hope you're happy, mister.

Yeah anyone that defends them 100% and can't admit some things don't work out really isn't being objective about it. Their stats are awesome. Player X rushed from the right side X% of the time and got X sacks, Y hits and Z hurries is awesome that you can't find anyplace else. Even though hurries is subjective it is still a nice stat line to see and know it's nothing concrete, but gives you an idea. Now saying Player X is better than Player Y based on those stats is just foolish.

I figured players would not like it, but read up on what Bill Belichick said about it and how impossible it is to judge a guy even on his own team when he knows the exact assignment and play called.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    You sir are now to be labeled an ignorant hater forever and ever amen.

Plus you are going to make some posters cry. I hope you're happy, mister.
    lol. Literally.

+ Reply to Thread