+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 188
  1. #11
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    36,491
    Of the three quarterbacks compared by PFF, Manning has the lowest completion percentage and the most interceptions, obvious arguments against his candidacy. But he has the most passing yards and touchdowns of that group in the regular season, numbers that are hard to argue with.

    And on an interesting note, Manning’s playoff average of 1.5 touchdowns per postseason game is the highest of Rivers and Roethlisberger. In addition, his 0.8 interceptions per game in the playoffs is the lowest of the group and his playoff quarterback rating and completion percentage are the highest.

    All in all, perhaps not a bad draft pick for the Giants.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Not a big deal to me, since I'd rather have the 3rd ranked guy with the 2 SB's than the second ranked guy with zero SB's.
    I 2nd this, when Eli was drafted and if they told you he would lead us to 2 SB victorys I believe we all would have stood in line and signed up. These 3 are so closely grouped all 3 teams got a QB that they hoped for and everyone of them gave these organizations more than they could have hoped for.

    Although I disagree with the order these 3 are all HOF IMHO. Rivers sat his first 2 years or his numbers would even be higher. Eli is 6th all time in TD passes ahead of the other 2, their both right behind him. Same in yardage. I believe Ben has more playoff wins, and of course Eli and Ben both have 2 SB rings. They are all in the top 10 all time in TD passes and pass yardage and could be 6th, 7th, and 8th all time in both catagories when they retire. 300 plus TD's and 50,000 yds HOF numbers. The most successful QB class from a draft ever. Including Elway, Kelly, and Marino.

    And all 3 are set to have a big year in front of them in 2017.

  3. #13
    Veteran Glaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    I 2nd this, when Eli was drafted and if they told you he would lead us to 2 SB victorys I believe we all would have stood in line and signed up. These 3 are so closely grouped all 3 teams got a QB that they hoped for and everyone of them gave these organizations more than they could have hoped for.

    Although I disagree with the order these 3 are all HOF IMHO. Rivers sat his first 2 years or his numbers would even be higher. Eli is 6th all time in TD passes ahead of the other 2, their both right behind him. Same in yardage. I believe Ben has more playoff wins, and of course Eli and Ben both have 2 SB rings. They are all in the top 10 all time in TD passes and pass yardage and could be 6th, 7th, and 8th all time in both catagories when they retire. 300 plus TD's and 50,000 yds HOF numbers. The most successful QB class from a draft ever. Including Elway, Kelly, and Marino.

    And all 3 are set to have a big year in front of them in 2017.
    All 3 are real good and all 3 have stood the test of time and are still playing at a high level. I doubt any of the 3 teams wished it went a different way.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,083
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Of the three quarterbacks compared by PFF, Manning has the lowest completion percentage and the most interceptions, obvious arguments against his candidacy. But he has the most passing yards and touchdowns of that group in the regular season, numbers that are hard to argue with.

    And on an interesting note, Manning’s playoff average of 1.5 touchdowns per postseason game is the highest of Rivers and Roethlisberger. In addition, his 0.8 interceptions per game in the playoffs is the lowest of the group and his playoff quarterback rating and completion percentage are the highest.

    All in all, perhaps not a bad draft pick for the Giants.
    Philip Rivers?
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  5. #15
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    36,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Philip Rivers?
    ha ha....you are right . Eli was not a NYGs draft pick...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,083
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ha ha....you are right . Eli was not a NYGs draft pick...
    Just having a little fun with ya.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  7. #17

  8. #18
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    17,710
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Ohhhhh boy......heads gonna explode on here.....

    http://www.metro.us/sports/new-york/...04-draft-class

    PFF is absolute garbage.....and it has nothing to do with this article.......just in general......their metrics (if you can call them that) are a complete joke.

    Why would you care what a stat aggregating company with a subjective overlay thinks?

    Don't you watch football and draw your own - often much more accurate - conclusions?

    As said above, awesome marketing company with a cool business plan, which this article confirms. Interest must be sparked and content must be created.

  9. #19
    All-Pro SG88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    31,155
    I agree, but that doesn't make Eli a bad QB at all. Of course people in here will take it to heart and starting bashing on Ben and Philip to pump Eli up. I think I've seen this show 100 times.

  10. #20
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    36,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Just having a little fun with ya.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts