+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    then why before the deadline on what was it the 9th of May we were odds on favorite to Land Blount but after the Deadline we weren't going to get him because of the compensatory pick? Everybody in the media was talking about it including Kimberly Jones and Paul Dottino. my understanding is If we would have signed Blount we lose the compensatory draft pick from Losing Hankins, that is what Kimberly Jones and Dottino said.
    We were rumored to want him, but like I said, every interested party had compensatory picks on the line, so they were waiting for the May 9th deadline to sign him after.

If we signed Blount before May 9th, then his signing would cancel out Hankins getting signed away by Indy. So we would lose a 4th round compensatory pick.

If we signed Blount after May 9th, then his signing would no longer count against Hankins getting signed away by Indy. All free agent signings after that date no longer count for compensatory picks.

However...the Patriots put a rarely used tender right before the deadline on Blount, which mean that after May 9th he will still count for compensatory picks. So his signing would count against Hankins leaving.

So short and sweet now. If we signed him before May 9th no Comp pick for us. If the Pats didn't tender him on May 8th, then on May 9th we could have signed him and still get our Comp pick. Since they tendered him, he still counts after May 9th and we don't get our Comp pick if we sign him. That's why he was tied to us and the Ravens for months and still wasn't signed by either. Both teams were waiting for the deadline to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    He spent the money he had. JPP tied up a big portion of the cap. I am not happy with the Fluker deal but he was the best choice for the money they had to spend. We have a lot of young talent competing on that O-line this year JJ is 5 years older the next youngest guy (Justin Pugh). 8 players on the o- line 26 and under. That is an encouraging sign. Just because it was reported from this source or that source is no guarantee that Reese was even going to make an offer to Blount. After the tender there was no way he was going forward.
    If you do a little research and number crunching the Giants had enough money for Blount.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxmeth View Post
    We were rumored to want him, but like I said, every interested party had compensatory picks on the line, so they were waiting for the May 9th deadline to sign him after.

If we signed Blount before May 9th, then his signing would cancel out Hankins getting signed away by Indy. So we would lose a 4th round compensatory pick.

If we signed Blount after May 9th, then his signing would no longer count against Hankins getting signed away by Indy. All free agent signings after that date no longer count for compensatory picks.

However...the Patriots put a rarely used tender right before the deadline on Blount, which mean that after May 9th he will still count for compensatory picks. So his signing would count against Hankins leaving.

So short and sweet now. If we signed him before May 9th no Comp pick for us. If the Pats didn't tender him on May 8th, then on May 9th we could have signed him and still get our Comp pick. Since they tendered him, he still counts after May 9th and we don't get our Comp pick if we sign him. That's why he was tied to us and the Ravens for months and still wasn't signed by either. Both teams were waiting for the deadline to pass.
    your wrong dude Dottino and Kimberly Jones reiterated exactly what I said. IMHO the mutual interest was not just a rumor Blount Is best Friends with Odell Beckham Jr plus If I was a betting man my money is on the Giants not the eagles to have more potential to win a super bowl so it looks like Blount wanted more money over going to a better team? and the Giants were cheapskates bottom line here.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think before the draft Blount would have been a nice addition. But it was clear that when we drafted Gallman, who is a big, physical back, we were moving on from the idea of signing Blount. Once the draft was over, I assumed Blount was never going to be a Giant. I like him because he brings real attitude, which we need on offense.

Great pick up for Philly though. They have real problems at RB. Blount fills a huge need for them and makes them a stronger rival.

I hate to say it but Philly is dead serious this season. They have addressed a great many needs, especially on offense.
    I agree once they drafted Gallman​ they were not going to sign Blount but I would call Blount a big physical Back St 6'1 and weighs 245. Gallman being also 6'1 but he is only 210 hardly considered a big physical Back. Maybe faster and more shifty but not the power back that Blount could of been down at the goal line. Now we get to watch him pound it in for Philly. Probably see it happening against us once or twice
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If you do a little research and number crunching the Giants had enough money for Blount.
    You are making an assumption the Giants were interested in signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    You are making an assumption the Giants were interested in signing him.
    Based on Reports from the media better then blind assumptions based on nothing which you are doing by assuming that the Giants had no interest. you know the old saying, where there is smoke there is fire I think that is the case with the media reports. I believe once the pats put the tender on him that is when the Giants weren't interested that is basically what Kimberly Jones and Paul Dottino have said.

Based on Reports from the media better then blind assumptions based on nothing which you are doing by assuming that the Giants had no interest. you know the old saying, where there is smoke there is fire I think that is the case with the media reports. I believe once the pats put the tender on him that is when the Giants weren't interested that is basically what Kimberly Jones and Paul Dottino have said.
    I did not claim they had no interest in him. It is apparent not enough interest to make an offer.