+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I honestly don't think their was a big interest. They would have taken him at their price but no more. I am fine with this, as I would rather see the young RBs grow into their roles. Blount would have stunted that growth.

There was no room for him once we drafted Gallman.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Having Blount at the goal-line could mean the difference between 7 points and 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    Having Blount at the goal-line could mean the difference between 7 points and 3 points.
    Any of our RBs will be just fine at that role. Vereen has actually done well in those instances. With our OL, it is better to have a RB that can make guys miss or squeeze through small holes in goal line/short yardage situations.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Any of our RBs will be just fine at that role. Vereen has actually done well in those instances. With our OL, it is better to have a RB that can make guys miss or squeeze through small holes in goal line/short yardage situations.
    I think before the draft Blount would have been a nice addition. But it was clear that when we drafted Gallman, who is a big, physical back, we were moving on from the idea of signing Blount. Once the draft was over, I assumed Blount was never going to be a Giant. I like him because he brings real attitude, which we need on offense.

Great pick up for Philly though. They have real problems at RB. Blount fills a huge need for them and makes them a stronger rival.

I hate to say it but Philly is dead serious this season. They have addressed a great many needs, especially on offense.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think before the draft Blount would have been a nice addition. But it was clear that when we drafted Gallman, who is a big, physical back, we were moving on from the idea of signing Blount. Once the draft was over, I assumed Blount was never going to be a Giant. I like him because he brings real attitude, which we need on offense.

Great pick up for Philly though. They have real problems at RB. Blount fills a huge need for them and makes them a stronger rival.

I hate to say it but Philly is dead serious this season. They have addressed a great many needs, especially on offense.

I'm worried about their defense. If we slide the line towards Cox, that means Pugh will be 1-on-1 with Timmy Jernigan. Jernigan will get in the backfield vs. Pugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post

I agree with this. I feel we will be fine with the RBs we have

Quote Originally Posted by CRF11504 View Post
    I'm worried about their defense. If we slide the line towards Cox, that means Pugh will be 1-on-1 with Timmy Jernigan. Jernigan will get in the backfield vs. Pugh.
    This shouldnt be an issue. You have said our OL is not a problem. And if Cox is over Jerry, why do we need to slide the OL his way? Shouldnt Jerry be able to handle him 1 on 1?

Also, Pugh played against Jernigan last year. Jernigan had 0 tackles and 2 assists. Pugh handled him just fine then.
    Last edited by tdawg1413; 05-17-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Oh nooooooo.....the Giants missed out on Reuben Droughns squared.....

Great miss in my opinion.....Perkins has a better chance of picking up yardage with this line than this aging heffer does with minimal to non-existent running lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I honestly don't think their was a big interest. They would have taken him at their price but no more. I am fine with this, as I would rather see the young RBs grow into their roles. Blount would have stunted that growth.
    I agree. The Giants would have taken him at their number but in reality how valuable is a RB that doesn't create his own yards on a team that can't effectively run block?