+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I think we had minor interest if he was coming in for say $1million. But that wasnt happening and Im glad it didnt. Outside of the NE system, I dont think Blount is anything special.
    Would have been nice in short yardage and goal line. But my biggest thing with Blount is his attitude. Our offense could use that.

But as I said, that ship sailed after the draft.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think before the draft Blount would have been a nice addition. But it was clear that when we drafted Gallman, who is a big, physical back, we were moving on from the idea of signing Blount. Once the draft was over, I assumed Blount was never going to be a Giant. I like him because he brings real attitude, which we need on offense.

Great pick up for Philly though. They have real problems at RB. Blount fills a huge need for them and makes them a stronger rival.

I hate to say it but Philly is dead serious this season. They have addressed a great many needs, especially on offense.
    Dan Duggan, Giants beat writer for NJ Advance Media (he also does the Giants podcast, Talk is Cheap) reported from mini camp that he was surprised to see how small Gallman is. He said that he does not look or move like an imposing RB "at all" and he can't see how he is going to fit the mold of a N/S hard running back in the NFL. He reported for mini camp at 210 pounds.

With that said, I think we missed the boat with Blount. I think he could have been a nice insurance policy for 2-3 million per year, if not a missing puzzle piece for this offense. I am a little disappointed....

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysready View Post
    Dan Duggan, Giants beat writer for NJ Advance Media (he also does the Giants podcast, Talk is Cheap) reported from mini camp that he was surprised to see how small Gallman is. He said that he does not look or move like an imposing RB "at all" and he can't see how he is going to fit the mold of a N/S hard running back in the NFL. He reported for mini camp at 210 pounds.

With that said, I think we missed the boat with Blount. I think he could have been a nice insurance policy for 2-3 million per year, if not a missing puzzle piece for this offense. I am a little disappointed....
    I think we are gonna be just fine. I think we are gonna get a lot of good work out of Perkins and we will be pleased with the outcome. This will give us time to work on our young guys too. Don't worry. I just cant believe we have already wasted 9 pages worth of complaining about how we did not sign this guy. Lets move on....we have a lot of good things to look forward to instead of dwelling on this bumb. Now on the other hand, if the injury bug bites....

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    not referring to the teams interest ... I cannot speak on that ... I am talking about my personal interest
    Ah, well then I agree with you. I didnt want him either. RB is a young man's position.

Ah, well then I agree with you. I didnt want him either. RB is a young man's position.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysready View Post

We need the cap space we have left for a 4th CB or another LB a lot more than we need for Blount. The young Rbs we have will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    100%
    IMO, he would be Rashad Jennings all over again if we signed him. Takes carries away from younger players and because he cannot create yards on his own, he would not do well behind this OL.

Wow our division is going to be tough this year. Cowboys Giants and Philly are all looking like playoff contenders. This is going to be one hell of a season

I think we had minor interest if he was coming in for say $1million. But that wasnt happening and Im glad it didnt. Outside of the NE system, I dont think Blount is anything special.
    I completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxmeth View Post
    That's not true. You don't know what you're talking about. All qualifying free agents count in the compensatory formula until May 9th. The tender just extended his timeline under that formula moving forward. He was always under the formula where compensatory picks are created from.
    Your Telling me if we signed Blount before the 9th of May we would have had to give up the same draft pick then after the 9th? then why before the 9th did it seem like there was mutual interest between Blount and the Giants and the media seemed to think he was all but going to the Giants and after the 9th of May not so much? Look I will admit I don't get every rule that pertains to this but what you are saying makes no sense from what I observed.

I think what is clouding some peoples vision here is weather you were a fan of getting him one way or another. Some people just didn't like Blount and just are convinced that The Giants had no interest from the beginning and are tickled pink we did not get him. IMHO Giants wanted him before the 9th of May once the Patriots did what they did right before midnight, before the deadline, before they tendered him a contract to get the compensatory pick. Then they did not want to lose the draft pick Hankins would have Yielded. If we signed Blount after the 9th of May then we lose the Compensatory pick from Hankins If we signed Blount before the deadline on the 9th then we don't lose the Hankins Compensatory pick, Does that make more sense to some of you the way I worded it?
    Last edited by Donnie Yen; 05-17-2017 at 04:27 PM.