+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    everybody CTFD

the kid will line up and catch passes......

its that simple
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The only issue I really have is Reese calls him a TE/HB and then McAdoo says "I don't know what a HB is"....

Now, I'm sure he knows what an HB is. It's just his attitude seems to rub against Reese on purpose.

Whatever.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    If I were the coaches, I'd push hard to label him a TE. This way, if he pans out and is as good as we hope he is, we pay him like a top notch TE and not a top notch WR.
    Jimmy Graham already lost that fight. He is a TE for purposes of franchise tags and all that. Doesn't stop him from trying to get as much money as someone will pay him on the open market though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    The only issue I really have is Reese calls him a TE/HB and then McAdoo says "I don't know what a HB is"....

Now, I'm sure he knows what an HB is. It's just his attitude seems to rub against Reese on purpose.

Whatever.
    As someone else said it was kind of a Belichick comment "playing dumb" ect. There is no position called "H-back". Just like X, Y and Z receivers the H was just the designation of that person in the playbook. He was a second TE on the field replacing the runningback (or half back "H"). That is where the term came from, but it's not an actual position title.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

I hear ya Mike....I'm still somewhat up in the air with Mac's attitude......I guess that's just the way he is.

I'd like him to bring some friggin attitude towards drawing up some plays.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

I hear ya Mike....I'm still somewhat up in the air with Mac's attitude......I guess that's just the way he is.

I'd like him to bring some friggin attitude towards drawing up some plays.
    Yeah - throw in a Halfback option play for our Joe, Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Wow I can't believe how off base this entire post is
    Best comment on the article was on the website.

"No "wrong way." The Giants have unlimited and deep access to the guy, the Giants have their own ideas of their own offense and what it will do, the Giants are head coached by a guy who was a TE coach for the predominant part of his career at SF and GB and who says being a TE coach is the most important experience he has had in the NFL, the one that opened up his approach to the offense as a whole.

In that regard, I do not think they made a first round pick on a whim. I do not think their picking this guy is casual. I do not think they need the advice of newspaper and web site kibitzers to figure out what to do with him.

LOL but below no doubt the savants who picked the Giants to have a losing season last year will dispute the ability of the team to figure this out and launch their own brilliant alternatives based on their infinite wisdom.

So sad so sad, and the Giants are going to be soooo Good. "- writerrad
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

This is what is scary. HE is basically a young Brandon Marshall that we will use in the slot. Will that take snaps away from Shep? Will is take snaps away from Marshall? Will we totally misuse him like we did Travis Beckum?

I think EE will be a stat machine..... if the offense is right.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

"I don't know what an H-back is," McAdoo said.
    This is my only concern right here. Either he is lying, which does not speak well for him as a person or he really doesn't know, which does not speak well for him as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    This is my only concern right here. Either he is lying, which does not speak well for him as a person or he really doesn't know, which does not speak well for him as a coach.
    As I was saying, I'm SURE he knows....it's that attitude that he has that I am just not quite getting yet.
    "No...I didn't."

As I was saying, I'm SURE he knows....it's that attitude that he has that I am just not quite getting yet.
    As I said, it really doesn't matter which it is, it doesn't sound good either way.

He could simply say "We don't use that label in this offense and will use the TE position in many different alignments. We are less concerned about what positional label he will have on the roster page and more concerned about finding ways to use him and his abilities in the best ways possible to help this team win games."