Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The most "physical" football player on the New York Giants

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    there is a huge difference between physical and undisciplined
    When I was coaching youth hockey I used to say that blowing someone up at center ice was nice but the most physical players, the ones who ground down the opponents mentally were the ones who went into the corner for pucks and came out with it more often than not. "Physicality" sounds like a simple one dimensional word but it is more complicated than that.

Same is true in soccer. Cheap shot hammering someone is not physical it is stupid. Winning 50/50 balls at 85% is being physical.
    No one remembers who came in second.

this is quite true!!

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    No they wouldn't. Lol. This guy is extremely persistent.
    If he was the only one posting, he'd stop. He wants to jerk chains and if we don't have enough self control to simply ignore him, then so be it. . He's expressing his opinions
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous .... he gets to troll freely .... we don't post a friggin link for Christ sakes and the mods are on our thread ASAP threatening us with possible consequences.... they need to do their job in all facets not just a few
    Stop now. When you don't post a link, we ask you to simply do that as is required. Members have absolutely NO idea who is being dealt with administratively. Just because someone isn't banned, doesn't mean we aren't taking some lesser action(s).
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    to me a "physical" player is someone who never avoids confrontation and meets it head on.... a player whos mind never entertains doubt on any given down ... ironically enough being a "physical" football player is nothing more than a mentality

it's about sacrifice ... it's about never thinking about the consequences of a collision ...

it is a mind state that almost has to be brainwashed in ... I once had it

I will tell you this ... that mentality is very difficult to regain once a serious injury has taken place ... guys who can do that successfully are on another level completely
    Excellent post. Often found in LBs and gunners. Safeties must not be afraid of contact, just cannot be that way. How many NFL players have we seen never be the same attitude-wise after a serious injury?

I wasn't equating the two.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
    Excellent post. Often found in LBs and gunners. Safeties must not be afraid of contact, just cannot be that way. How many NFL players have we seen never be the same attitude-wise after a serious injury?
    Or after their big payday.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I wasn't equating the two.
    sure looks like you were reading your response to my post about the mentality of a physical player with a reference to how undisciplined Berhe is

and I saw your post before you deleted it ... do you seriously not understand how someone could play with that mind state and still maintain disciplined fundamentals ?

There are examples of this all over the league ... there are examples right on the Giants defensive line and backfield

go watch film of Harrison and Collins and you will see exactly what it looks like
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 05-19-2017 at 11:08 PM.

I think the words people might be looking for to describe physical play is "controlled chaos". I agree that physicality means nothing if their isn't discipline behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    That's not the point .... the board allows the nuisance to continue without any consequences yet anybody says anything to him and we get infractions .... this is completely unfair and insane
    Lets assume that what you've said is 100% true.

When you refuse to excercise any self control or discipline when it comes to simply ignoring someone or something that you feel is a nuisance, you are showing your hand to the world.

As someone who was once on the Admin side of things, I can tell you that the boards are open to all opinions, not just the ones you feel are the right ones. By allowing this poster to get under your skin, and demanding that the moderators ban him/her instead of just ignoring that poster yourself, you have become a part of the problem. Its really not that hard to skim over a few posts that you dont care to read. These guys aren't going to just ban posters just because you aren't mature enough to deal with them.

If I were you, I'd stop going after this poster publicly, because your whole plan to get rid of them may very well backfire on you.
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Closed Thread